Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CPRICE2140 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Indoor sheetrock cracking
    House was built in 2004. Has cracks in seams and at corners. Should I WORRY AND WHAT SHOULD I DO.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 06:21 PM

This sometimes happens.The quality of the wood studs,the conditions the compounds were applied in,the settling of the property.Too many to even list.

As a suggestion,I would call a drywall outfit and have them asses the situation,most estimates are free and you can seek other outfits to give you ideas and pricing until you can make a good comparison as to the reasons this has happened.
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Feb 4, 2010, 10:06 AM

Do you have pics a picture tells a thousand words
    CPRICE2140 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    This sometimes happens.The quality of the wood studs,the conditions the compounds were applied in,the settling of the property.Too many to even list.

As a suggestion,I would call a drywall outfit and have them asses the situation,most estimates are free and you can seek other outfits to give you ideas and pricing until you can make a good comparison as to the reasons this has happened.
    Thank you for your info. That helps a lot. Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wonderboard or Sheetrock? [ 12 Answers ]

This is not REALLY a plumbing question, but the experts here might be able to help. My tile man has installed "waterproof" sheetrock (green) on the walls that he is about to tile in a renovated bathroom. I heard that for a bathroom, one should use WonderBoard instead, because of its superior...

Lines out of sheetrock [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get rid of lines in sheetrock?

Painting new sheetrock [ 2 Answers ]

I just finished drywalling my basement. What are my next steps for painting?

Sheetrock materials [ 2 Answers ]

What type of nails are used for sheetrock trim?

Sheetrock [ 3 Answers ]

What is 'fire tape'? Can 'green board' be used on ceilings? What are the various coatings on nails and screws and what are their uses?

View more questions Search