Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaramelMocha Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2010, 01:51 PM
    Hum. Skin "Bleaching" That's Effective
    Hey guys... I am new to this forum and I love it!

I wanted to know what is the best lotion to use in order to get a few shades lighter... I am medium dark but I want a complexion like Ciara's. What is the best lotion to use WITHOUT HYDROQUINONE!! That can make my skin lighter?

I would very much appreciate your suggestions... thanks
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Feb 2, 2010, 02:08 PM

Ok! Welcome Mocha!
    I suggest you get some RETIN A for your skin to absorb better.
    Also if you got pimples or dark spots it's the bomb.It made my skin flowless in a month.
    For lightening(without hq) I suggest fair and white exclusive gel contains kojic acid it is great.Stay away from steroids also...

Feb 2, 2010, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Ok! Welcome Mocha!
    I suggest you get some RETIN A for your skin to absorb better.
    Also if you got pimples or dark spots it's the bomb.It made my skin flowless in a month.
    For lightening(without hq) i suggest fair and white exclusive gel contains kojic acid it is great.Stay away from steroids also....
    You rock woman... u r my new bestbuddy on this forum. Is it true bioclaire has steroids?

Feb 2, 2010, 03:31 PM

Yes it is. Stay away from it!
    HI HI! Love the "you rock woman" I hope so!!

Feb 3, 2010, 12:17 PM

Misty...

Retin-A I believe is a prescription. Fair and white is out of my budget @ this moment... lol

Any other products work as well?

Feb 3, 2010, 12:58 PM

Fair and white is not expensive (I think) like Less than 15$.
    Retin a you can order it from alldaychemist.com it is not expensive at all for the results it gives.I swear by it!!

Feb 3, 2010, 01:14 PM

$15?? Wow which fair n white is that- can u send me a link to the exact one.
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2010, 01:49 PM

Fair and white has Hydroquinone though.. is saw it on their website Fair & White,Exclusive Whitenizer,Skin Lightening,Skin Whitening,Skin Brightening So that's why it must work so well.. if u know of a product that they also make that doesn't contain it.. it might not be as good

Feb 3, 2010, 02:27 PM

The one I have has no HQ listed on the box I believe it contains Kojic Acid and AHA. HQ is not working well on me( I bought 4% HQ from ADC) so I don't think this one contains HQ plus the color doesn't change after a while like it gets orange or brown... I'm happy with it.Don't buy it if you don't want it.
    BTW I'm a med student and HQ is not as dangerous as you seem to think.
    MOCHA:Fair & White GEL CRME EXCLUSIVE Whitenizer 1 oz
    There it is.I only use the gel.
    jasmynn Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2010, 03:06 PM

I think HQ does have a bad rep because people abuse it in waaaay tor strong formulas mixed with other agents. I believe that it's completely safe if used for less than 6 months, otherwise there would be a lot of lawsuits if products that are sold in reputable stores such as walmart, macy's etc... For people who have hard to lighten skin (as I do) or want really quick results and have tried other products unsuccessfully, I would suggest using it for the time sugessted on the product and then use something without it to maintain your results for a while. Honestly, it shouldn't even take six months. I've been using Nadinola with fair and white exfoiliating soap for 2 months now and have lightened like 3 shades. I wish I could post a photo, but my stupid computer doesn't recognize my digital camera, and I can't find the driver for it. If anyone knows where I can download the driver for a kodak L200 Digital camera, I'll be glad to post my photos.

Feb 3, 2010, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    The one i have has no HQ listed on the box i believe it contains Kojic Acid and AHA. HQ is not working well on me( i bought 4% HQ from ADC) so i don't think this one contains HQ plus the color doesn't change after a while like it gets orange or brown......i'm happy with it.Don't buy it if you don't want it.
    BTW i'm a med student and HQ is not as dangerous as you seem to think.
    MOCHA:Fair & White GEL CRME EXCLUSIVE Whitenizer 1 oz
    there it is.I only use the gel.
    Yeah I know what you mena... iveused Hydroquinone before and its in the Caro light cream I use now. Its not dangerous if you used it 6month or less that's true BUT to maintain the light color you achieved u HAVE to continue using it and that's where you have problems because then you past the 6month time limit.. u know what I mean.. I wish it wasn't so though... I just ordered 55H crystilline... well see how that goes.. it doesn't have HQ

Feb 4, 2010, 10:23 AM

Yeah I have the efficacite exceptionelle from 55h+ and I'm going to buy the 55H+ Cristalline as well... maybe even mix it together for a less thick formula.

55h+ isn't sticky to me as most people might say and the efficacite exceptionelle's smell is lightly fragant... the only 55h+ product I don't recommend is citron argume... that sh!t stinks!! Lol

Feb 4, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaramelMocha View Post
    yeah i have the efficacite exceptionelle from 55h+ and i'm gonna buy the 55H+ Cristalline as well... maybe even mix it together for a less thick formula.

55h+ isn't sticky to me as most people might say and the efficacite exceptionelle's smell is lightly fragant.... the only 55h+ product i dont recommend is citron argume... that sh!t stinks!!!!! lol
    Nice.. ill let you know if the crystalline works, I also got the cream.. I think ill mix them together too... my order should arrive next week... From your name 'caramel mocha' I would assume we are near the same skin color.. im like ciara (but with a little more yellow) originally.. but want to be more like rihanna.

Feb 4, 2010, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caramel1989 View Post
    Nice..ill let u know if the crystalline works, i also got the cream..i think ill mix them together too...my order should arrive next week.... From your name 'caramel mocha' i would assume we are near the same skin color..im like ciara (but with a little more yellow) originally..but want to be more like rihanna.

Keep me posted and send me before and after!!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 12:19 PM

Please refrain from using chat speak in your posts.

AMHD's TOS and posting rules require the use of proper English.

Posts with excessive chat speak are hard to read, and may be removed.

Mar 3, 2010, 10:05 AM

Caramel, have you received your crystalline? How did it work for you? Any improvements?

Mar 4, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaramelMocha View Post
    caramel, have you received your crystalline? how did it work for you? any improvements?
    Yes I received it on Monday ( it took forever.. I had to call them up and all lol). The problem with it is that its sticky but I have sensitive skin and it hasn't made me break out so far. So that's good. The crystaline absorbs well after a few minutes. I use the cream gel from the same line right after the crystaline is absorbed. Well its too soon to tell its only been like 3nights of use... I think I will know more by the end of next week so it would be at least 2 weeks. If I see results any earlier, I'll let you know. I like the smell of crystalline... doesnt smell all medicated but the cream gel does.. but oh well... as long as it works.

Mar 13, 2010, 07:53 PM

I like the efficace exceptionelle or whatever lol keep me posted I sometimes forget to come here
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

Mar 13, 2010, 11:07 PM
    What strength of retin a do you use? I see different percentage of retin A

Mar 14, 2010, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gold3509 View Post
    what strength of retin a do you use? i see different percentage of retin A
    If your skin isn't too sensitive you can start with 0,5% that's what I did and I have nothing but good things to say about this product.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bleaching destroyed my skin" - BBC Article - Bio Claire Mentioned [ 20 Answers ]

As mentioned in the thread title, came across this article some might find interesting: BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | Africa Have Your Say | 'Bleaching destroyed my skin' Also, I'm not 100% sure whether she's saying bio claire caused problems, or something else she used along with bio claire. Can...

Has anyone tried this? Claims "Most effective in the world" [ 21 Answers ]

I found this product from an independent eBay seller and they claim it to be quote "The MOST EFFECTIVE skin bleaching system in the world!" The product has good feedback and the seller is very informative on the auction page. Its called Divine Derrière and I am thinking of purchasing next month...

Does society prefer "light skin" or "dark skin?" [ 12 Answers ]

Hello To All, My name is linksys2000. I am new to Ask Me Help Desk....well somewhat new, nowadays. However, I've found this forum to be extremely informative and exciting! Thanks for providing in depth information on various topics and taking the time to keep everyone informed. This will be...

Electric heater has a hum even when not "on" [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about an electric heater I just got. It is a Dayton model TYV14, 240 volt, 38 amp, 9.2kwh. It seems to be working OK, thermostat is OK, but the question I have is should it make a humming sound, even when not in a heating/blowing cycle? There is a very quiet hum...

View more questions Search