Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hormus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
    Career Development
    I am in a senior technical support role within a company's IT dept. It is a fairly small department and I have 1 direct boss (Technical Manager), who in turn reports to the CIO. As a prt of my career development plan I need to list what my career aspirations are for (a) The next 12 months & (b) The next 2-5 years. I also need to list my development needs and my action plan to meet those needs...

The Technical Manager has been in his job for 12 years and isn't going anywhere, soon.

I would like to move into management but the opportunity does not exist in my current environment.

How do I answer these questions without sounding negative ? :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2006, 07:37 AM
    I would put down that your goals both short and long term are to prepare yourself to provide the best support for your manager and the company. This would involve training to keep up with technology advances and also management training to prepare you to better support your management.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enterprenuership development [ 0 Answers ]

I am a Mechanical Engineer and looking for a Part time or correspondence PG course on Enterpreneurship development in India. I would appreciate any information in this regard. Regards, Anant Bhosale

Development [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to this site and think it's very informative. We are planning to construct a small block of flats on our land and need to find a reliable and honest project manager... is there an organisation we can contact? Thanks !

Os development [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to try developing my own operating system.could you please tell me how I can do that? Deepak

Training and development [ 1 Answers ]

Just I want to know in simple answer what the difference between Training and development?

View more questions Search