Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklin12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 07:49 PM
    Her parents won't let us date
    Hey I recenlty just broke up with my girlfriend.. we went out for 9 months.. at first our relationship was secretive.. well I thought her parents knew cuzz we were together all the time.. but we had to call it off cuzz her parents strongly believe in not dating.. so her dad made her brake up or he would remove her from her school... we are now just friends but it is very hard.. she is constanlty swarmed by guys and is very friendly.. we used to tlak every night but now we talk everylike 4 days on the phone.. at school she comes and spend lunch with me.. but I don't want her to do it out of pity.. I don't know what to do.. she told me I am the most amazing guy she has ever met and that she wants to be with me for a long long time... but now she seems just fine.. she hangs out with guys and her friends all the time.. its like it doesn't bother her that I am out of her life... please any help would be awesome...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2006, 08:19 PM
    I can understand why her father wouldn't want her to date while she's still in school. Frankly I sort of feel the same way about my daughters. Dating is preparation for marriage so what's the point in dating when you're obviously way too young for marriage? Since marriage will not be the result the only alternative is a breakup and the emotional damage that comes with it. That then becomes baggage that she's got to carry around with her for the rest of her life. Parents who have regrettably been through all of it want to spare their kids and I can't blame them. That said, take your time and relax. You've got a lot of years ahead of you before you have to worry about things like marriage and family.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 08:25 PM
    Don't be so miserable. We all have limits we must respect. Take a page from your ex's book and hang out with friends, and chase the girls. It may be heartbreaking, but not the end of the world . She is having fun, so should you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
    Hanging out is dating just not going places alone. Work within her parents limits, all the guys are the same limits.

Far to often in our society everyone starts dating far to early
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 08:49 PM
    What's stopping you just having fun around her and enjoying yourself like all the other guys.

If your still seeing her at school and talking to her occasionally it is like dating anyway. Just be the fun guy and I'm sure she will enjoy her time spent with you.

Don't go moping around when your with her because you think you aren't dating. She won't enjoy that and will soon find someone else to hang with!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

21 won't Get Job won't Respond To Anything [ 6 Answers ]

Daughter lives at home works 10hrs a week never has much money,is diabetic, smokes like a trooper,drinks lots of lucozade as well as going to pub and eats loads of chocolate, not happy unless blood reads 10 or more. Has very obsessive nature which is centred on a bloke at the moment so she can't...

21 won't Get Job won't Respond To Anything [ 1 Answers ]

Daughter lives at home works 10hrs a week never has much money,is diabetic, smokes like a trooper,drinks lots of lucozade as well as going to pub and eats loads of chocolate, not happy unless blood reads 10 or more. Has very obsessive nature which is centred on a bloke at the moment so she can't...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

I'm 14 and my mom won't let me date [ 6 Answers ]

I know my parents have there own rules, but seriously I'm 14 and I've been going out with my boyfriend for 9 nine months,& we're really not ready for sex, I want to go out with him without my parents right there in my face. Ugh does anybody have my problems, and do any parents agree with my parents...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search