Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davieXX9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 08:55 AM
    Computers: what is an economic (and idiotproof)way of networking two home computers?
    The prioncipal computer is Windows 7 model, and I wish to bring an older computer into the same operating status re broadband etc. What equipment and cabling is necessary?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Most broadband routers/modem have multiple ethernet ports at the back. Get an Ethernet cable to hook up the other computer and make sure both computers are in the same Workgroup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking 2 old computers [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 computers, both are Windows 2000, and both have USB hook ups. We have a game we would like play play versus each other. The computers do not have internet. They do not have Ethernet hook ups either. Is there any way we could hook them up with out being to pricy?

Networking 2 Computers [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to network my two computer. Both are running XP. One is hooked directly to internet and other is wireless. They both connect to internet. The problem is I can't share files. I have told both computers to share files, but still can't share. What am I doing wrong.

Networking two older Computers with a new Laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I have two older computers running Windows 98 and they are networked together through dual Coax and Ethernet Network cards using the Coax option. I also have a new laptop running Windows Vista Business Edition this is linked to broadband via a Linksys WRT 300N Wireless Broadband Router. Can the...

Networking two computers [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, Can anyone please let me know how I need to go about networking two laptop computers that are housed in two different places? Both are Toshiba. Thanks.

Computers & networking [ 1 Answers ]

What is FOSS?

View more questions Search