Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Do you pay taxes on workers compensation?
    My girlfriend was injuried on the job last August 2009 and drew workers compensation for about a month. She will also be getting a settlement of $240.00. Does she suppose to report the workers compensation on her tax return? What about the $240.00 settlement also? She lives in the state of Virginia.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 03:05 PM
    For sure, the workman's compensation is tax-free.

The $240 settlement MAY be taxable if it replaces lost wages.

If it is for medical expenses incurred or pain-and-suffering, it is tax-free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boss making employees pay workers compensation insurance premiums [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, thank you in advance for taking the time to read my thread. I am a contractor. I do contract labor for a company that recently got all of us,( the employees), together and told us that we will either have to start taking a deduction from our checks to cover the cost of the workers...

Workers Compensation [ 5 Answers ]

I was just curious as to WHY there is absolutely no topic/forum on this big bureaucratic mess? I can't imagine that nobody has dealt with it in some way or another but I can find nothing, nadda zip on the subject anywhere on this board?

Workers compensation [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and will be going to court in a few more weeks on a injury that has happen at work. Does anyone know what type of questions will be ask of me? I know that I will not settle for any money amount,my injury happened at work on my leg . I know the injury isn't serious enough to go on...

View more questions Search