Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lissa91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 08:39 AM
    What's the deal?
    I am a very normal person from a menstrual standpoint. I never skip. I only did once and that's when I was pregnant with my 5 year old son. So you can imagine why I'd be confused as to why I'm 2 weeks late now. Yes, I took urine pregnancy tests and alos blood tests. Negative both ways. I'm not stressed at all. Just normal everyday stuff. I divorced my son's father 2 years ago and recently remarried. I'm very happy and we want to have a baby together. So this wouldn't be bad news to be pregnant. I do have an appointment with an OB later this month.

Can anyone shed some light onto why I might be skipping OTHER THAN STRESS? I'm not stressed. I feel fine. Just late for no apparent reason.

amySlater Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2004, 10:27 PM
    Too many ifs...
    Get to the doctor.
    angelcakes22uk Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2005, 02:59 AM
    Once in a while, women may skip a period and then experience a heavier flow with their next period.This is extremely common. Women who are trying to get pregnant, however, often fear that this is an early miscarriage -- so mild it feels like a heavy period. This is usually not the case. Although it's possible for a pregnancy not to take and be expelled in the menstrual flow, it's rare and occurs in less than 1 percent of women. In most cases, skipping one period is caused by skipped ovulationThe flow is heavier after a skipped period because the estrogen has been building up in the endometrium longer, and there is more lining than usual that needs to be shed. You would have built up two cycles' worth of lining, so the flow is naturally heavier than normal. That being said, you could have a lighter period or bleeding that fluctuates in duration or amount.
    It's not unusual to skip one or two periods a year; it is unusual to skip more than that, however.Overdieting and overexercising can also affect your cycle. For example, sudden weight loss could cause you to miss your period or cause a long about of irregular cycles. Overexercising can also cause you to miss your period. It's not unusual for female athletes to stop menstruating when they're in training.
    And apart from the one you mentioned (STRESS) , I wouldn't be too worried if it is only one you have missed, just wait and see if you have a cycle again, if you don't then go and see your doctor, but millions of women commonly miss periods.

Hailey, england
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2005, 06:05 AM
    Stress
    Hi,
    Just posting this question indicates you are concerned, maybe just to ask the question. But, there is a chance you might be a little stressed; just thinking about whether your are pregnant or not.
    Please don't worry about it, and just wait until your doctor appointment.
    Live for today.
    I do wish you the best, and have a great day,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No big deal [ 2 Answers ]

On Tomb Raider Legends, I was on the level where you ride your bike in the snow to catch a train, and I got to the part with the tulsa coils. I finished the whole tulsa coil thing and when I was going out of the room I fell, but didn't die. I tried to get back to the main part but the door isn't...

What is my deal!! [ 52 Answers ]

Ok guys, things have been going so great with me and this girl lately but I STILL find myself being totally disheartened, or almost unwilling to look at things in a up beat kind of way. Last weekend I hd such a great time with her at the lake with her parents and family... I hung out with her again...

Ok, what is my deal? [ 22 Answers ]

I don't know what is going on upstairs in my head lately, and I am getting pretty confused. I have been out on a few dates over the last 2 months or so, and at first I really like these women, think that they are attractive and what not, but as soon as they start showing interest in me I lose all...

What is the deal w/ this guy? Please Help! [ 10 Answers ]

So, here's the story. I started seeing this guy about 9 months ago and we're both in our late 20's. Both of us had just ended long term relationships, both lasting 5-6 yrs. We knew each other from work for several mnths before we ever saw each other outside of that until we ended up talking for...

What is the deal? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys! Girls you can join in too!! Why is it that men are so contradicting! This guy I am seeing(I guess) says that he wasn't looking for anything but you know a little... nookie( oh by the way I am 25yrs old, he's 24) but, he goes through the ceiling if another guy mentions that he...

View more questions Search