Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    Wondergirl,

My parents chose to baptize me.
    Therefore, you never chose to be Catholic. You grew up in that church, and never examined another with the idea of switching.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 12:07 AM

I told myself that I'd stay off the religious forums. I also told Chuck. Sorry Chuck, just one post, really. I'll be good. ;)

I'm proud to be a Deist Rolcam. You say you're proud to be Catholic, that's great, you should be proud of what you choose as your belief, just like everyone else in the world should be proud of their beliefs.

There is not right or wrong, there is just different. Everyone thinks their way is the only way, that's why all the religious questions are usually closed, because everyone wants to prove they're right. What if we're all wrong? Have you ever thought of that?

I'm not positive that Deism is right. I have an open mind, I'm willing to explore other options. Right now Deism fits, it's the one that makes the most sense to me.

So, I will proclaim:

Born: Ya right, I'm not telling! ;)
    Baptized: Lutheran
    Practicing: Deism (although to say I practice it is false, there is no Deist church, that's one of the things that means the most to me about this belief).

I'm happy with my choice and I'm happy that everyone has a choice. I think it's their right to choose whichever religion suits them best. Personally, if there is a heaven, I'm sure that all good people will be going there, despite what they believe or don't believe.

I'll see you there, but not too soon. ;)
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Feb 19, 2010, 01:31 AM

Great to see you back at this site Altenweg.
    It was getting a little bit boring without you.

Regards

Tut
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Therefore, you never chose to be Catholic. You grew up in that church, and never examined another with the idea of switching.
    If he has been at it for 80 years then he has chosen. Once your of the age to move on your own and make decisions then it is by choice you do things. People switch religions all the time. So what your saying makes no sense because your eliminating free will. That is not what the catholic or most churches are about.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    If he has been at it for 80 years then he has chosen. Once your of the age to move on your own and make decisions then it is by choice you do things. People switch religions all the time. So what your saying makes no sense because your eliminating free will. That is not what the catholic or most churchs are about.
    He has chosen to stay with what's comfortable, what he knows.
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He has chosen to stay with what's comfortable, what he knows.
    Are you a mind reader? If not then that is a statement only the OP can tell us. I know many religions but I only have one in my heart so I can say without a doubt that only the person in that place can speak of what's going on. You have no idea what has been studied or not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
    Are you a mind reader? If not then that is a statement only the OP can tell us. I know many religions but I only have one in my heart so I can say without a doubt that only the person in that place can speak of whats going on. You have no idea what has been studied or not.
    I've known Rolcam for years.
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 03:49 PM

If you have known him for years then why are you continuing to make blanket statements about them ? Let him speak for themselves.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
    If you have known him for years then why are you continuing to make blanket statements about them ? Let him speak for themself.
    "him"... "them"? Them who? Roland lives on the other side of the world and is in bed right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic belief [ 46 Answers ]

Hello, Could you please inform me of Catholic beliefs, and how the differ from Christian belief? Thank You! browneyedfaith:)

A Catholic ? [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean to be a Catholic?”

Catholic Belief [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site, but I have had something bothering me, and I am trying to find some answers... We had a Chathlic Gentlemen to visit us the other day, and my niece goes with him and he called her his... he said that is what the Catholics believed and his children are Bastards......

Catholic Religion [ 4 Answers ]

Im having family problems, someone told me to do a ritual by using yellow rose petals and whtie and put them through my house and pay and that will give me prosperity in my house! I just want to know if that is bad if its against my religion?? I'm so confused :/

View more questions Search