Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pama1943 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 02:42 PM

I wish I had found this site earlier. Anyway, I had the same problem and had decided to fix the fuse. It was not very difficult to remove the whole back panel on my Panasonic CT32HXC model. You need to remove All the screws and just pull out the back panel. I replaced the fuse 6 A/250V from Radio Shack and Bingo! It worked. The fact that I needed to borrow a truck and carry this heavy set plus a 50$ just to check out the problem motivated me to do this and I am so glad it worked...
    Freddie55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 06:00 PM
    I am another grateful reader. I replaced the fuse in my dead 32" Panasonic Tao with a 6.3amp 250V, 5mm x 20mm slow blow fuse and the set is working fine now. The job took 5 minutes at most. I live in BC and bought the fuse at The Source (Circuit City). Got 2 fuses for $4.99.
    bigsnacksteeler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 04:02 PM

BrooksV, I sounds like I have the same symptoms as you, LED comes on makes a few noises then nothing. After a few minutes it will do the same thing.
    If it was a fuse I would think it would not even light the LED unless it is getting power from the flyback transformer that acts as a big capacitor to store a charge for power up. Did you try the fuse, and if yes did it fix your problem?
    teddy0bear Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Dec 27, 2008, 08:15 PM

I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but is anyone else noticing that Panasonic well... misses the bar?
    We had a Panasonic TV a few years ago. It lasted maybe 5 years at best. We never did try the fuse trick and just recycled the thing. Our family decided not to trust Panasonic again.
    However, when my dad was big screen shopping there was a nice Panasonic, and it was on sale. We mentioned our concerns to the sales guy and he mentioned there was a problem with Panasonic tv's but it has been fixed. We ended up buying it. Sure enough, it has been at most 2 years and there is a black dead section on the screen already (with a thin green line). Perfect. We are going to see if we can get it fixed/repaired under warranty but that is the second time Panasonic has well... died. Yikes! We have a Sears brand TV downstairs which has run without problems for over 30 years!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic Television [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Panasonic Television Model Ct27l85g Now Iam Getting Picture On The Centre Onlt Horizontally,top And Bottom Of The Screen Are Empty.sound Is Ok .can You Help Me To Repair This Problem

Panasonic TV not working [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me fix my TV. I have a Panasonic TV, model CN667R. I can't find anything on this model TV and hoping someone in here will be able to help. I can hear sound but there's no picture. All that I can see is a thin flatline. See attachment

Panasonic digital gigarange cordless phone [ 1 Answers ]

I have the above mentioned telephone receiver which had its "Dial" Locked and the user even forgot the password they used to lock so we cannot unlock the Dial.The question is :How do I unlock this phone so that we can sue it once again to make calls? I have tried to look for a CMOS battery inside...

Panasonic Video Switcher [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm not sure if this question may be too technical to be asking here, but is anyone familiar with a Panasonic WJ-5500 broadcast video switcher? We broadcast on the Internet and we use one of these, but it needs to be tuned a little. What I really need to know is how to adjust the...

Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.

View more questions Search