Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoreleiS Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 03:09 PM
    90's cartoon movie where human souls turned into red semi-transparent birds
    Sorry for my not so good english. Well I hope someone can help me. I, like many here , have a vague memory about a cartoon movie I watched when I was about 8 years old. It was 1994 I think or something like that. I don't remember the storyline, I just know that it was a love story, strange and sad, and I have pieces of images stuck in my head, and I will use them as clues in hope someone will remember the movie and help me out. I need to see it again!
    So here is what I remember
    -the souls of the people that died, were turned into some kind of red semi-transparent bird

-the main girl character dies in the end( killed in a flood) and when her lover comes to look for her he doesn't know that she is dead and she turnes into the red bird thing right under his eyes.

-there is a scene with a girl( not the main one) standing on a cliff near the ocean and waiting for her lost love, and as the main male character talks to her, she turns to stone, because she was standing there waiting for so long.

-the flood that killes the girl was actually caused by her lover. A lot of people die and there is a scene with hundreds of souls=>red transparent birds, flying all around, it's very dramatic!

-something about a big tree where the boy makes a promice that he will try to repair somehow the damage he has done.

That's all I remember. Sorry for my bad english and if I wasn't clear enough. But I really hope that someone could help me.

thanks
    Jeemers Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2007, 03:58 AM
    I know it's been awhile since you asked this question, but I do know the name of the movie you're talking about. It's an old anime movie called "Dowa meita senshi Windaria" or just "Windaria."

It was the absolute saddiest movie I have ever seen. I was always bawling like a baby by the end.

Here's a link that might help.

Dôwa meita senshi Windaria (1986)

(oh, and if you want it on DVD, it was rereleased as "Once Upon a Time" a few years ago)
    oldanimesearch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Thank you, funny how this person's post remembers that same scene I remembered when I was a kid in the 80's seeing this anime for the first time or rather remembering this particilar scene when human soul transformed into birds in the end. And when I was searching on Google just out of curiousity for it to see it again after decades... this pops up.. Thanks again appreciated MUCH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

80s cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

This has been bothering me for months, and I cannot think of the title of this movie I watched as a kid. I remember very few details. First, it came in a teal box. I think the characters have leaves on their heads. The only scene I remember is of the characters running across a rope to cross a...

80's cartoon movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay all I remember is on character (gnomish) had a candle on his head, and at some point they were going over a dark lake with spikes coming out of it, also at some point I remember this line, "Arise fairies and dance," proceeding by fairies emerging from a ring of mushrooms and dancing in a...

Old unicorn cartoon movie [ 15 Answers ]

I'm almost 17 years old. I remember watching a movie when I was somewhere between 3-6 years old about a unicorn and a gargoyle (?). The unicorn starts at a young age and progresses in age, if I remember correctly. It was very sad and lonely. I think maybe its horn broke at some point, but I'm...

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search