Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slb80111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Snow on house -water is leaking through ceiling in covered patio, but not in house?
    Water dripping through roof of covered patio in several places-lots of snow on roof- not leaking into house just patio.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:00 AM

What is your question?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 12:51 PM

Your covered patio obviously has a leak that will have to be repaired once warmer weather sets in. Right now you can't do anythng except take and mark where the water is leaking in so you'll have an idea where to start looking for the water intrusion in the spring.

Also, your house roof needs to be inspected thoroughly in the spring to be sure there are no leaks in that either.

Do you have the porch properly pitched so that the melting snow water can be properly diverted away down the gutters and away from the foundation of the porch? That might be your problem - an improper pitch to your porch roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking into the house [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just read the other question about water leaking and I have the same problem. My house has brick wall and cement floor. In one bedroom downstairs the carpet close to the wall is wet. It seems there are cracks between the wall and floor. Shall I just use mortar and sealer to fix it? Thanks.

Very low water pressue to house after replacing leaking valve on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the leaking valve leading to the hot water heater, drained the hot water heater, turned the main valve to the house back on and now have very low water pressure to the house (cold and hot) The house has galvanized metal pipes... HELP please!:confused:

Water leaking into the house [ 6 Answers ]

It's been raining non-stop for 2 days and I noticed that there's an area that's damp on the floor. It's located by the side of the house where the wall meets the floor. Our house is on a cement slab and has brick exterior. We moved in to our home a month ago so I don't know a lot about it yet. What...

Water leaking into the house [ 1 Answers ]

It's been raining non-stop for 2 days and I noticed that there's an area that's damp on the floor. It's located by the side of the house where the wall meets the floor. Our house is on a cement slab and has brick exterior. We moved in to our home a month ago so I don't know a lot about it yet. What...

Leaking hot water, outside the house [ 1 Answers ]

One of my husband's friends is having this problem. The kitchen sink has some sort of pipe that vents to the outside wall of the house. The sink is set up against this wall. The pipe on the outside of the house is dripping hot water, in a fairly steady stream. If any faucet in the house is turned...

View more questions Search