Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 04:43 AM
    Jesus explains the Eucharist.
    "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him."
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 1, 2010, 10:55 AM

John 17:11
    11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
    (KJV)

John 17:21
    21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
    (KJV)

John 17:22-23
    22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
    23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
    (KJV)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Hello Roland, what is the point of your post? We Christians understand the significance of your statement which distringuishes the Christian church from all other religions but what point are you making?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 11:22 PM

ROLCAM,
    There' s than that.
    In John Jesus tells us that His flesh is food indeed and His blood is drink indeed and whoever partakes of it He will raise them up on the last day.
    But the bible also tells us that people should not eat and drink of it if they are unworthy of it.
    The question is what makes a person unworthy of partaking of the Eucharist?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 03:54 PM

arcura,
    That person that is NOT in the state of grace is unworhy of partaking
    In the Eucharist.
    The beauty is of course to be found in the Sacrament of Penance.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 03:56 PM
    paraclete,
    The point I was trying to make is
    How wonderful the Sacrament of the Eucharist is!
    Eternal life is assured.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 09:18 PM

ROLCAM ,
    Thank you.
    Fred
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him."
    It's the only food that you take in and it consumes you! Bite by bite, we become consumed in a continual sacrifice.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 11:46 PM

JoeT,
    Very true.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eucharist ? [ 15 Answers ]

What are the two main parts of the Eucharist?

FOR MEN.. It explains it all. [ 6 Answers ]

=: Because I'm a Man := (a public service message) * Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car, I will fiddle with a coat hanger long after hypothermia has set in. Calling AAA is not an option. I will win. * Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop...

Which statement best explains the effect of resources on population size? [ 1 Answers ]

Which statement best explains the effect of resources on population size? a)the exponential growth curve models the effects of limiting resources on population size b)limited resources decrease the growth rate of population size c)density-dependent factors invariably lead to a positive ΔN...

13 year old.explains it all, I'm sure. [ 14 Answers ]

My 13 year old daughter has had a total transformation from last year. We are only into school 8 weeks, and she's been in trouble all the time, she talks back to her teachers, her grades are very poor and she doesn't seem to care. What bothers me a lot, well a lot is bothering me about it but,...

View more questions Search