Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shinyblackrock Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 02:13 AM
    1974 privacy act
    I work as a federal police officer. A co-worker of mine revealed to me that my former detachment commander showed her my medical records and made disparaging and derogatory comments about the contents. Is this a privacy act violation and if so what do I do about it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 09:25 AM

Hello shiny:

The privacy act doesn't protect people. It protects companies, so that ain't it. YOUR personal private information isn't protected by ANY law, with the exception of medical information. Yours would be a HIPAA violation.

I'd start with a lawyer.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPPA Privacy act [ 5 Answers ]

What are the 12 circumstances that personal health information can be used for purposes unrelated to health care?

Privacy Act Violation [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering if you can tell me if I have an account at a credit union, and no one is on the account but me, should balance information or any information be given to anyone but myself? I'm a employee of the credit union, and my spouse has an account there, but I'm not on his account. He...

Privacy Act information [ 3 Answers ]

Please help.. I run a tractor trailer with a team partner. He recently had his picture taken by a traffic cam. My company gave out my name and address without my written consent and there was no supeena sent as well as no verbal permission given. They just gave out my information to the town of...

Violation of privacy act [ 3 Answers ]

I was a defendant in a small claims suit. The plaintiff was suing myself and our daughter for an unpaid loan that she had signed a contract with him when she was 19. He produced a letter from a used car dealer that stated that I had sold them a car and the amount that I received. Does this...

View more questions Search