Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2010, 06:56 PM
    The biggest lack of motivation I have ever felt
    I'm soon to be starting college. I'm accepted to where I want to go, I've applied for a few scholarships. But I am not the least bit excited about studying what I want to study. I have ZERO motivation or positive feeling about my future. My therapist is usually little help. My parents think I'm lazy.

I recently recovered from depression. But if I feel like this, maybe depression really defines who I am. I want to care but I can't!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 07:21 PM

What are you studying? Have you considered studying something else? And, is a new therapist an option? Maybe sometime off from school to travel or something would be a better option for you?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 06:25 AM

You still seem depressed.Further assistance as to why should be taken up with someone.

Only you can make changes in your life.

How long do you want to feel this way?It's entirely up to you.

Living in the here and now should be a priority at this stage of your life,the future can be planned,but the outcome should should not be.

I suggest looking for the reasons you are feeling this way.Avoiding the problem or distracting yourself from facing this can eventually end up a problem for you.

Maybe you'll write back and express your needs more soon?I hope you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not social Lack of motivation Can't sit still no interest in anything! Can't hold job! [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes:I am a 22 male . I went to counseling for about 3-4 years when I was younger for behavior problems and family problems . I was adopted by gparents at age 11 . I am a drop out 2 years in a row for fighting . I cannot keep a job for long at all maybe a week or 2 if that . I have no friends...

Need more motivation [ 4 Answers ]

Last year I started dieting and exercizing more. I became more active, felt better, lost a little bit of weight, about 7 pounds. I then went on vacation, and then got a full time job. All that weight I lost I gained back plus maybe a few more pounds. I have been trying to lose weight again, but it...

I have no motivation! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all- I have a problem. I am an 18 year old female, 5'7", and i weigh 166 pounds. Almost exactly one year ago today I would guess, I weighed around 147 pounds, which means I put on about 19 pounds in one year! I wore a size 5 pants in September, and now I can barely fit into a size 9! I was...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Motivation [ 2 Answers ]

This question is very similar to the question "How do I motivate someone?" But, at the same time, very different. I've always heard the adage, "Don't try to change your man." My boyfriend, who is also a musician, has trouble motivating himself in every area of his life. I had to take a break...

View more questions Search