Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdm007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 05:35 PM
    Statute of limitations ontario canada
    If statute of limitations has run out and I am not bound to a loan any longer does that effect my credit? Would I be able to buy a home under my name.
    Iknowalotofstuff Posts: 144, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 10:09 PM

A credit reporting agency can report negative information for 6 years from the date of write-off. The basic limitation period has been reduced in from 7 to 2 years in many Canadian jurisdictions. It is possible for a statute barred debt to be reported in a CB file. It may be difficult for you to buy a home considering your credit report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations in the Province of Ontario, Canada [ 14 Answers ]

What is the Statute of Limitations in the Province of Ontario, Canada, regarding the launching of a civil suit for property damage and what must be done to interrupt such limitation?

Statute of Limitations in Ontario, Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitations on the criminal charges of obstruction and mischief. Waiting now for 1 and a half years to appear in Ontario Criminal Court. Also if found guilty is this a type of criminal record that would prevent me from traveling. I thank you in advance. P

Statute of Limitations Ontario Canada [ 4 Answers ]

How does the Statute of Limitations in Ontario, affect debts (unsecured credit card) that were incurred prior to October 2003, and are now being chased by those companies that buy debt write=offs? I filed bankruptcy in Feb 2003 and was discharged in Nov 2004, however my wife did not file and had...

What is the Statute of limitations in Ontario, Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Statute of limitations in Ontario, Canada when a lawyer makes an error in a Real Estate transaction which causes their client to lose money? When I purchased a piece of property back in the 1974’s, the electric, the hydro power and water required an easement to go through another...

Statute of limitations ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I have a debt that is 15 years old they are now trying to collect what can I do

View more questions Search