Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktilley7777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Not remote have white and black and from fan white black and blue fan works no light
    Have black and white wires from fan to ceiling lost remote connected white and black have fan no lights what to do to get lights
    ktilley7777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 01:20 PM

No remote have white and black and from fan white black and blue fan works no light
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 01:50 PM

Please speak in complete sentences. Did you remove the remote receiver in the canopy and connect directly to the black and the white? If so also connect the blue with the 2 blacks, you will have the lights but your wall switch will turn on/off lights and fan all at the same time. Are there pull chains?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:17 PM

If you remove the receiver, you connect black, black, and blue together, and white and white.

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ceiling fan has black, white, and a black/white wire? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this combination of wires? I am trying to change out ceiling fans in my living room. From ceiling box I have: a black wire, and a white wire, and no ground From the fan w/ light kit I have: a black wire, white wire, and a black w/ while stripe wire, and no...

How to install a remote to a hunter ceiling fan/light fixture with 4 black, 4 white, [ 4 Answers ]

Install a hunter remote to a hunter ceiling fan/light fixture

How to install a ceiling fan with only a black, blue and white wire no green [ 2 Answers ]

How to install a ceiling fan with only a blue, blac, and white wire with no green, the ceiling has a bare or copper wire, a red, white, and black wire

Bathroom Vent/Light Combo Wiring with previous fan only having black, white, ground [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know please whether I can run the white fan wire and the white light wire to the same white hardwire, and if I can run the black fan wire and the blue light wire to the black hardwire? I do not mind if the light and fan come on at the same time, my only concern is if I can feed two...

Blue, Black and White wires in celing fan [ 2 Answers ]

I removed a ceiling fan to replace a switch but did not note the wires. Now I want to replace the fan but find it has Blue, Black and White wires, whereas the wires coming from the ceiling are only White and Black. It also has a green wire attached to the casing. Does the blue and black wire...

View more questions Search