Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big bad 18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Exe files get message asking in what program I want to open in
    I had several viruses worms malware etc got rid of them now when I try to opan exe files like internet explorer calculator notepad etc it ask to do it in a different program
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 04:47 PM

What operating system are you using?

Further, fixing this particular file handler involves numerous registry keys. If your system is this messed up, there are likely other configuration changes that need to be made as well. I encourage you to wipe the drive and reinstall Windows to ensure your system is malware free and without latent issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Handling the "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" message. [ 3 Answers ]

Re: "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can disable dwwin.exe which is a Dr. Watson error-collector and reporting tool, in your registry like so: ...

Import .message files (Outlook) to Windows Mail (Vista) [ 6 Answers ]

I need to Import .msg files (Outlook) to Windows Mail (Vista) but the import won't let me do it. Any suggestions?

Hotmail - Can't open attachments w/error message [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to send a simple email with a word document attached, but the person I sent it to said they couldn't open the file. So, I tried to send it to myself and I keep getting an error message which says 'the file ___.doc could not be scanned for viruses due to an internal error' & also...

Program.exe [ 2 Answers ]

I have Windows 98 and when I am on craigslist and click on an email from the list it says PROGRAM.exe is needed to email that person. When I try to locate PROGRAM.exe on my computer it says it can't be found. What can I do to resolve this problem ? Can anyone help me with this problem, I have...

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

View more questions Search