Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnyp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Why do I have pain in gums after crown placement , pain becomes unbearable at night
    I have been on painkillers from past 3-4 days.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Jan 31, 2010, 03:09 PM

You'll have to be a bit more specific... its normal for the gums to be a bit tender but only an abscess would be that bad... maybe the cutting down of the tooth was too much for the nerve and you need a root canal? Go back to the dentist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with gums after crown placement [ 32 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this question: I am currently undergoing a crown placement. About 10 days after the temporary crown was fitted, my gums became very inflamed and sore. I went back to the dentist and he took the temp off, cleaned the area (again) to verify that there...

How to stop pain for sore gums [ 6 Answers ]

I have tooth coming through and the pain is so bad it keeps me up at night but to add to the problem a tooth on the same side is pushing towards my tongue and I don't know why it is very sore and has little blood coming from it the pain on that side of my mouth is so bad I have tried using soothing...

Pain after crown [ 3 Answers ]

I had a major decay in one of my upper molars, which required a RCT for that tooth. My dentist put a temporary filling while my crown was been prepared. The RCT was done couple of months back. 3 days back my temporary crown has been fitted. The first couple of days there was no pain at all. ...

Mouth pain originally thought was tooth related but now think its in the gums [ 3 Answers ]

I am having pain which at first I thought was in my teeth, but now I think is in my gums. It runs from the center bottom all the way to the left back of my mouth and sometimes the tip left. My dentist has done everything to dismiss me saying that I have no cavities and that if I have pain its from...

Pain under Crown [ 2 Answers ]

I have been expericing pain (with cold and hot and sometimes chewing) with a molar that already has crown. I saw a dentist last week who said it might be a problem with the tooth under the crown and that I may need a root canal that would be performed by an endodontist. In the meantime, he said I...

View more questions Search