Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hatchman23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Gas furnace tries to start several times before it actually does
    I have an Armstrong Air Ultra SX 80 gas furnace. It tries to go into its start up sequence and seems to lose power just before the blower kicks on. Sometimes the flames ignite and sometimes they don't before it shuts back down and immediately tries again. Eventually it starts, sometimes after about 8 to 10 tries and there is always a lot of clicking going on in the blower compartment. The clicking sound seems to be what causes it to lose power on some of the attempts. What do you think?

Check out some similar questions!

Concord 80 plus gas furnace- Blowing cold air & LED Flashes 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new home owner and have never dealt with a newer furnace. I woke up and the furnace was blowing out cold air. The LED inside of the furnace flashes four times which says 'Limit or Rollout Switch Open' I honestly have no idea what that means and I really do not have the money for a...

Coleman Gas furnace, light flashes 4 times [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Coleman Evcon gas furnace and the green light flashes four times. Instructions say 'limit cycling'. I replaced the limit switch but it didn't help - still flashes four times. The unit lights but the blower doesn't come on and it doesn't shut down. Could the new switch be bad or...

Propane Furnace won't start no pilot light red light flashes 3 times [ 6 Answers ]

My propane furnace G6RC has no visible flame and the red light either stays on or flashes 3 times in a row and then the furnace shuts off and tries to restart

Goodman Furnace Three times to start? [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Goodman Gas furnace last year, and also installed the factory LP Gas conversion kit (gas valve regulator spring, and orifices). This furnace is installed on the second floor of my house, and the house has three other devices that are also fed from the same LP Gas tank. The tank is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.