Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AzizElSalamanki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Newly Appointed Manager; transition plan
    Hi, I recently joined a large corporation (20K employees) where I was appointed as Director of Professional Development. I knew the current status of the department through previous stand-alone projects related to other departments, so, essentially, I know the employees (only 5), I have a solid grasp of what the situation is like (read: a total ship wreck). The top management recognised the extent of the problem and asked me to produce a quick turn-around plan. I discussed my strategy with them and got green light to proceed. I still need to produce a transition plan, which is something that I have never done before. I was thinking of producing a PPT (consultant-work style) and include:
    1- a timeline (highlighting the time needed to get the file, cases, projects and contacts from the current manager)
    2- a list of deliverables (immediate ones: weekly/progress reports, an operational plan within x weeks, establishing communication channels with other dpts heads,. )
    3- a list of issues (legal, ICT, the necessity to cut short the notice period of the previous manager, direction on current projects... )
    my question is: does this look like a reasonable list, and are there some standard "transition milestones" that should be achieved? Should I add somehting else to my briefing?
    Sridhar M Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 08:06 PM

In addition to the mentioned ones, I presume the key parameter is to identify the current gaps (if possible with some tangible metrics) and your high level solution which will get an increased confidence of the senior management which is very much required when handling people related changes in an organization.
    Hope the above would add flavour to your bucket.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 08:13 PM

Proper, measurable and effective tracking and feedback are always essential in any planning. All goals obviously will have to be detailed, workable and understood by all.

The measuring has to be in increments or stages that identifies exactly what the first, second, etc goals are and the immediate results of each stage given to upper management and all participants. Making any adjustments/corrections as each timetable is met.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court Appointed Attorney [ 1 Answers ]

How would I be able to change my court appointed attorney? I live in the state of Florida, he just doesn't show up for court.

Unbiased Appointed Attorney? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay - I know I have been posting here a lot. One might think I'm really dumb (I hope not) but I AM very naïve and ignorant about how this system works. My ex husband "accidentally" filed an ex parte motion to change parenting time. I say "accidentally" because this is how it's been presented...

Right to have attorney appointed [ 2 Answers ]

In virginia is it true that you are to receive council appointed by the court within 72hrs?

View more questions Search