Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LexisMomma09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 07:02 AM
    My jawline is swollen where I have an infection...
    I had a toothache and went to the dentist where he prescribed me propoxyphene for pain and amoxicillin for the infection. I barely got the prescriptionyesterday qnd it was late so I only took the propoxyphene. When I woke up the area that hurt was all swollen. There's no pain but I can feel it very swollen and it looks gross could it be an allergic reaction to the propoxyphene or is it the infection all of a sudden acting up. I just took the antibiotic a few minutes ago. Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling? I reallycantgo out in public like this lol please help! Thank you!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 11:06 AM
    It is probably the infection. You might want to check with the pharmacist to see if you can double up on one dose of the antibiotic to get it to kick in faster.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Jan 31, 2010, 03:11 PM

Sounds like its your fault for letting it go so long and not taking the antibiotics right away. Not much you can do but take your pills and put a warm compress on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen Cartilige [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I just got a cartilige piercing @ ICING'S (gun) and I got it on Saturday... today's Monday... It's swollen and when I touch it it hurts... I clean it when I wake up... when I get home... and after I take a shower... I also twist it when ever I get the chance to @ skool... and when I do twist...

Swollen all over [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to this so here goes... my ankles, stomach, fingers and face have been very swollen or bloated. I've always been the type to retain water, but lately my ankles and heals hurts and feel very tight and sometimes I have pains in them. I look like I am 7 months pregnant (I'm...

Swollen finger. Is this some fungal or bacterial infection. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been to a adventure trip and spent many hours in water. Ifelt that the skiin attached to nail of my middle finger of right hanf has become loose. I felt burning sensation while eating. A week later it was paining... and since last three days it startted swelling with lot of pain. ...

Vagina swollen [ 1 Answers ]

I really would like some adivce on what to do... not the vagina lips the place where you pee from.. sorry I don't know much so anyway the one to the right is swollen and last night it was itching so bad... the smorniing when I woke up it was bigger a lot bigger then the one.. this never happened...

View more questions Search