Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trasee3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 05:14 AM
    How much is a work comp settlement for two back surgeries
    I had back surgery one year ago from a injury at work I had screws and metal plate put in I think it was a fusion, now a year later I have to have another surgery because the screws are to long, about how much will my settlement be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 06:05 AM

Everyone is different depending on what kind of work they do and how the injury occurred. You will have to ask Workmens' Comp.

Tick
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2010, 12:13 PM

Do you have a Workman's Comp attorney handling your case? If not, get one as you could be selling yourself short if you settle before consulting with an attorney on this matter. WC cases usually drag on for quite awhile as well.

Did you ever get to go back to work or did the first surgery not correct the problem properly?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Do you have a Workman's Comp attorney handling your case? If not, get one as you could be selling yourself short if you settle before consulting with an attorney on this matter. WC cases usually drag on for quite awhile as well.

Did you ever get to go back to work or did the first surgery not correct the problem properly?
    Some of our workers who have been injured on the job, don't get compensated for months after the workplace injury. They are back at work and collecting their pay cheque. Workmens Comp in Ontario is a disaster and it shouldn't be.

Tick
    ryerson2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Feb 2, 2010, 11:43 AM

Have you taken this to court before?when did you hurt your back?and do you have an attorney?and did you sign anypapers when first surgery was done ?These are all questions that you will be asked if to file a claim.. At the first surgery when you sign the papers there is a small part that says the screws might shift and become loose which will make them seem bigger there just moving I went through this also I was CNA and I had hurt my back 4 yrs ago went through the courts and all When you have a chance read the discharge papers after the first surgery and the papers you had gotten before if you still have them See what they had made you sign from the beginning if nothing in there call a attorney just to see what you can do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy and workmans comp settlement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is angela and I have to file chapter 7 while my soon to be ex hase to file chapter 13. My question is this. I have a workmans comp settlement of 15,ooo. And this is what I am living off at this time. Will the chapter 7 take my money away from me and give it the creditors. Is there a...

Workers Comp Settlement [ 1 Answers ]

If I received a workers comp settlement, do I have to file that on my 2008 taxes?

What do I do if Workers comp doctors are prematurely making me go back to work. [ 2 Answers ]

About 5 months ago while I was working I cut approx a 1/2 inch Off two separate fingers right about where the arch of my cueticals were and my nails had begun. My fingers got grounded off by an electric plainer power tool. Luckly for me since that this happened while I was at work I was covered by...

Workman's comp settlement offer [ 5 Answers ]

I have opted out to hire an attorney for my left shoulder injury that I sustained while at work. The workman's comp has been paying the bills and my TTD. I wanted to know if anyone knows what "FAIR" compensation for my injury is. The MRI came back showing supraspinatus tendinitis and bursitis,...

Workmans comp settlement [ 3 Answers ]

Does a settlement count as income? Or in other words will I have to pay taxes on it.

View more questions Search