Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sevgi_aydin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 07:43 PM
    I'm german but live in england my husband is turkish can he get a german passport?
    I'm german living in england
    My husband is turkish can he get a german passport
    Because I'm german??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 08:33 PM

You need to check with the German embassy in England. But does he not have a passport from his own nation ?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 10:52 AM

No.. He will be eligible only if both of you live in Germany for a certain period of time. To become German citizen, he will be able to obtain German passport BUT he must abandon his Turkish citizenship first. Germany does not recognize dual citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Mother German- do I qualify for German passport? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother who is now deceased was born in Germany. She obtained American citizenship. Is there any chance that I can obtain a German passport?

Where can I get proofs that my grandfather was German --> Obtaining German Passport [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, My Grandfather was German and he escaped to New York from the Nazis around 1940. He was naturalized as a US Citizen in Feb 1945 so technically he should lose his German Citizenship, however because of Nirenberg laws he's entitled to regain his German Citizenship, hence my father and...

View more questions Search