Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmwinte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Why are the debit and credit entries
    Why are the debit and credit entries in the adjustments columns of the work shhet identified with letters?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 03:35 PM
    What do you mean?
    everettcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
    Each Debit and Credit Adjustments entry is identified by a letter in parenthesis that links it to an adjusting entry recorded or explained earlier in the Trial Balance.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Debits are known as Dr and Credits are known as Cr.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2012, 01:28 PM
    There has to be some sort of reference system when journals are posted to ledgers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debit and credit [ 2 Answers ]

What's the diffeent between debit and credit

Reversing entries [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem that says to reversing entries by the previous year's adjusting entries. It want me to reverse Interest income $307.50 Salaries expense That give me Sales salaries $1306, Office Salaries $607 I will add them together and get $1913 for Salaries payable. Interest Expense $1,755. How...

Journalize entries [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to journalize this and think I've got it wrong: Assume a 4% service fee is charged by American Express. Record the entry for the transaction on the restaurant's books for Dr. Miller’s AMEX credit card transaction. The service fee is 2,000 x 4%=$80. The entry is Accounts...

Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

Original Journal Entry: Negotiated Bank loan on September 12, in the amount of $20,000. Prepare a journal entry to issue a 60-day, 10% note to the bank for that amount. What would be the interest due on note? Adjusting Entry for September 30th - Accrue interest on note payable ($20,000) use a...

View more questions Search