Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr_ed1972 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 09:47 AM
    I'm replacing an old 2 wire thermostat with a Hunter (#44155C). Wire placement?
    I'm not sure of the wire placement. I have a black and white wire attached to my old thermostat. The new thermostat has attachments labeled G, RC, Rh, Y/O, W/B, Y1. There is a jumper connecting RC and RH. Do I connect the black wire to RH and the white wire to W/B? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Sounds logical to me but make sure you run the setup and do any switch changes for your type of system. If it uses batterys make sure to install them correctly and they are fresh/new.
    mr_ed1972 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 10:54 AM

Thanks! I hooked it up that way and it's working great.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
    No problem enjoy your new stst.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm replacing a white rodgers 1F58-72 model thermostat with a Hunter model 44155C [ 2 Answers ]

There are some different wiring codes that are different how do I do it.

Wiring issues changing from a 5 wire hunter thermostat to a 44155c [ 1 Answers ]

I joined a co-worker (who is currently doing something) to this site - so after this post there will be no more "him"ses vs "I" 's for the pronouns. :) (and I'm sure he loves the "username" I chose for him) The problem he is having is that he has 5 wires from the wall that used to be hooked to...

Hunter 5 Wire Thermostat [ 19 Answers ]

Please help... I installed a Hunter Thermostat last winter and heat works fine. Now the AC is not coming on. I think it is the way the thermostat was installed. I threw away the manual and can't figure out the wire connectors. Currently, this is how I have it connected. Green wire to G...

How do I wire a thermostat, replacing Maple Chase with Hunter? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maple Chase 09520 thermostat that I am replacing with a Hunter Just Right thermostat. There are 7 wires for the Maple Chase and only 5 for the Hunter. Which do I use? And what do I do with the extras? This is how it is wired in the Maple Chase: Blue-->C Red-->R Yellow-->Y White-->E...

Replacing 6 wire thermostat with 5 wire thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Magic Chef Model 34154C001 thermostat for an electrical heating and cooling system. This model has 6 wires included: W - White R - Red G - Green Y - Yellow O - Orange C - Black I purchased a Honeywell RTH230B programmable thermostat that only has 5 connections. The...

View more questions Search