Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djibril Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 09:31 AM
    How can I play movies from media player to the TV
    I connected the hdmi wire to the TV to play downloaded movies from media player to the TV but it doesn't play. What should I do. Is anything have to do with the fn button
    chellybears Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 07:07 PM

Well, We might be on the same page, but If you are trying to get videos(which is what media play is for) to play on the T.V, what I would say is get a memory card. When you plug it in it will come up and ask you what you want to do with it, and say add software, and you should be able to do the rest.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2010, 07:10 PM
    Are you using a laptop? When you connect the HDMI cable do you see what's on the computer?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 11:24 PM

On my TV, I have to select the HDMI input to see the content coming from my computer. Inputs: TV / Cable / DVD / HDMI1 HMDI2 / SVIDEO / VGA

Also, you may need to go into the Display Settings of your computer to make sure the TV is registering with computer.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by djibril View Post
    i connected the hdmi wire to the tv to play downloaded movies from media player to the tv but it doesnt play. what should i do. is anything have to do with the fn button
    Ok, you have 2 things going on here.

1) computer - You have to make sure the video output for the HDMI is authorized and set to go. In some cases video cards have more then one output. So you may have to set it up to go with monitor 2. That would be the TV.

2) your Tv. - That has a separate video inputs and for it to see it you have to set the Tv to the correct setting. If your using HDMI2 input then you need to select it and that should allow you to see what the computer is doing. Use the correct video input and then set TV to it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 06:00 PM

Hehe, CalifDad, how is your answer different than mine? ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    Hehe, CalifDad, how is your answer different than mine? ;)
    I broke it down for the OP so its easier to understand. There are 2 active separate systems that are in play here and need to be treated that way. It's the same type of answer. Just broken into 2 parts. Some people don't seem to understand how things work and breaking it down makes it easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Windows Media Player 11 won't play SOME .wmv files [ 2 Answers ]

I had the same problem with WMP 10 so I downloaded WMP 11 and installed it. Still have the same problem. All CD's, DVD's and most .wmv files that come over the internet play just fine. But a few of them show only the video and no audio. In checking with a couple of people who sent the .wmv file...

Windows media player won't play video, only sound. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix media player to play video and sound, how do you know which codec is correct

Windows media player won't play video, only audio [ 6 Answers ]

My windows media player will only play audio and not video. Any ideas why?

View more questions Search