Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilamanjaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 04:24 AM
    Multimedia Audio Controller Deleted!!
    I just got this computer, I traded an xbox 360 for it, and I was cleaning it up and I deleted the multimedia audio controller. I play guitar and I really need sound. Ive been everywhere, its 3:30 in the morning, and I am going crazy. I tried system restore, doesn't work, I downloaded Aida32, can't open it (some stupid java thing). I HAVE NO SOUND, and that stupid little yellow question mark is beginning to annoy me. I don't know what kind of soundcard I have, I don't know the model of computer. I just really need some help. I need to replace my multimedia audio controller. I've tried everything.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Maybe a tool like this may help:

http://www.drivermagician.com/unknowndevice.htm

Also check the back of your PC for any stickers telling you the make/model. Once we have that it should be simple to tell what the soundcard is using the internet.
    wilamanjaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Device ID: VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_A0021458&REV_50
    Detected chip name: VT8233/A AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller
    Chip vender: VIA Technologies Inc
    OEM device name: Onboard AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller
    OEM device vender: Giga-Byte Technology

I got this info, what do I look for? Ac'97 Enhanced Audio Controller?

Ps. When I started looking for some help from this sites forums, I was hoping it'd be you, LT, who helped me, you are friggin smart, man. So many good replies. You are good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer [ 9 Answers ]

I think I accidentally deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer and now I'm not able to listen to music using my computer and whatever I do with my computer there's no sound or music. When I go to control pannel and try to install this program back into my computer it says that the...

No multimedia audio controller. [ 7 Answers ]

I think I may have accidentally deleted my multimedia audio controller on my computer and I do not have any sound on my computer at all anymore. Can you please help me repair this issue. Any help will be greatly appriatted

Accidentally deleted the multimedia audio controller [ 2 Answers ]

I think I accidentally deleted the multimedia audio controller from my PC. How do I recover it?

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, would like to ask a few question. I accidentally deleted the driver. I am using windows xp pro for Compaq, AMD Sempron. Can you help ?

Multimedia audio controller [ 5 Answers ]

I guess I deleted something that I shouldn't have off my compter... now I have nooooooo sound. Its driving me crazy.. I've tried to fix it myself but I cantt.. ive looked at forums.. I went to a lot of websites to download the drivers.. I went to the device manager thing and I see the yellow...

View more questions Search