Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jklinehamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 07:32 AM
    Concord 90 plus gas furnace
    Concord90Plus Home Furnace Approx. 7 years old.

Problem:

For past 2 years during winter, temp sometimes drops below thermostat set point. In this mode, furnace compressor blower comes on, runs cycle, shuts off, but burners do not come on. After multiple cycles like this, eventually the burners fire and furnace fan comes on. House returns to set point.

In some cases, on really cold days, the temperature drops 6-10 deg below the set point before the problem "self-corrects". Then furnace may operate correctly for hours or days before the problem recurs.

In reading other internet notes, it sounds like our problem may be a dirty thermocouple. If so, how best to locate and remove to clean?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Your furnace might have a flame sensor but not a thermocouple on that new of a unit. Clean carefully but make sure it is clean. Use fine sand paper or steel wool to kind of polish it up. Below is an example of whet yous MAY look like.
    Attached Images

jklinehamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Thanks for this clear response, and related pictures. I will investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Your furnace might have a flame sensor but not a thermocouple on that new of a unit. Clean carefully but make sure it is clean. Use fine sand paper or steel wool to kind of polish it up. Below is an example of whet yous MAY look like.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 10:43 AM
    Post back with your results

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concord Gas Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Concord Gas Furnace Model CG90UB... it currently is wired to run the fan on low speed which I find is not adequate to move the air around the house... I would like to know how to change the fan speed to run on medium... the manual states there are four speeds... Low, Low Medium, Medium and...

Concord 80 plus gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a concord 80 plus gas furnace when the burner comes on it burns for 2 sec and then goes out it will do the many times and then it will work fine hope you can help

Concord 80 gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

When turning furnace on the burner goes on and off three time then shuts its self back off. What could this be?

Concord gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my Concord 80 turn the sparker on, then the burners turns on like supossed to, the problem begins when the sparker shuts off, aparently the burners shuts off at the same time the sparker does. As a result the blower never turns on.

Concord 80 plus gas, furnace [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, glad to find some help, I found your site by accident,or my good fortune! I have a concord 80 , the thermostat clicks and the blower comes on but the furnace does not light,all help appreciated

View more questions Search