Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DARLENE MILLER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 10:51 PM
    How do u get a title for a mobile home when there is not a title in mi.
    How do I get a title for a mobile home in the state of mi. The home was given to the person I bought it from,they do not have a title to give me
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 11:28 AM

Take the serial number off the house and go down to the DMV and see just who's name the home is titled in now. Then, once you know who the name on the title is go back to the person you bought the home from and have them get the title from the person who gave it to him. The original owner would sign the title over to who you bought the home from. Then that seller would sign the home over to you once he obtained a new title from the DMV.

This is not going to be a 5 minute visit to the DMV either. You also need to find out if the home has any back taxes due on it as well or the title cannot be transferred unless the back taxes are paid on it. For that info you'll have to go to your County Auditor's office with the serial number of the house and they can tell you in a matter of minutes if the taxes are owed or are current.

Hopefully the person really did give the home to who you bought the home from - otherwise you don't really own the home and would have to retain an attorney to legally obtain this title for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Title on Mobile Home [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The management of my trailer park wants to give away 4-5 older mobile homes that have been abandoned and that there are no titles for. How complicated is it going to be for me to get the titles so I can fix them up and rent them out? I live in Colorado. Thanks ahead of time for any...

Mobile home title [ 2 Answers ]

I live in va and I recently brought a mobile home in feb. of this year. I want to know can someone sell you a mobile home without the title. I think I have the bill of sale it doesn't say bill of sale also it does not have the make model or year it was made. When I asked could she give me a bill of...

Title to mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

A man has a used mobile home for sale and I am interested in buying it for my parents. He says he has no title. What can I do to get a title if I do buy it?

Mobile Home Title [ 3 Answers ]

I lost my mobile home title during Katrina (I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast). The lien holder said they don't have it anymore because they sent it to me. How do I get a copy of it?

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search