Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mutt808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 10:55 PM
    Drive Does Not Recognize SOME CDs
    I just bought an iPod, so I've been transferring songs from old purchased music CDs to my computer. Some work fine, but others are not being read by my hard drive. They are not corrupted, nor is my drive damaged. I updated my iTunes, rebooted, did everything I can possibly think of... but the problem still exists.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Is it just not being read by iTunes? Can you play them in other programs? Also what happens if you click on My Computer. What is shown in the CD drive?
    Mutt808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 12:13 PM
    No other program can play the CD either. It's like the drive doesn't recognize certain CDs. When I click on My Computer, the drive is showing "DVD Drive (D:", and says the disk is not formatted, and that Windows cannot read from the disk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My CD drive is not reading some Cds.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm a new guest to this forum.. For past two days I found that my cd-drive is not recognising some of the cds, which I wrote in the same system and which was read sometime before by the same drive... I don't know how to solve the problem... Pls help.. Mine is Dell-laptop with Sony dvd+RW, and...

D-drive can't read burned cds [ 1 Answers ]

Just as I've recovered from my stop error problem now I've got a new problem, my d-drive can't read any of my burned cds anymore. It can read normal dvds, I've done a complete system recovery and lost all my files but it still didn't solve my problem, I've uninstalled the driver, updated it but...

Dvd drive only plays copied cds [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all bare wiv me please because I'm new 2 this. Just a small problem I have is that my dvd drive on my laptop no longer plays original cds of any sort,either films or games,had the cpu 4 over a year now and nevr had any problems in the past. It really annoying me now... so would be very...

My CD Drive won't read CDs! [ 28 Answers ]

It just won't run any discs, It opens and closes, but refuses to read. I have had the problem for a while but It never really bothered me... Until I just tried to install Morrowind. Now it's personal, and needs to be fixed. My parents will not do anything about it because "it doesn't concern them,...

Recognize this? [ 4 Answers ]

The wall material in the photo seems to be some kind of glued and pressed bamboo? Anyone recognize it? It ain't drywall!

View more questions Search