Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unhappy in bed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 10:27 AM
    My husband is selfish in bed
    I've been married for 20 years. Sex with my husband has always been bad. He has never been able to turn me on. There were no passion, no desire on my part and it always hurt. I've tried explaining to him that women are different from men, that it takes us longer to get excited, but he thinks he is so good in bed and he doesn't need my advice. Finally I gave up, but now I'm thinking, maybe, I should divorce him.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 10:58 AM

How is the rest of your marriage? Have you guys tried any sort of therapy?
    What Is Sex Therapy - Description of Sex Therapy Practice
    Here's an article I hope you might find interesting.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 11:04 AM

You need professional help.
    For an understanding of him, go to YouTube and look up Mark Gunger.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 11:31 AM

You know how you make him understand that he sucks in bed?

Don't let him between your legs with his penis until he is FIRST there with his face. And maybe his fingers.

A SINCERE effort to turn you on and please you should be made before he gets ANYTHING.

Otherwise, you can buy him a doll and let him know that SHE won't be hurt, upset, or missing out if he does his "Wham, Bam, Snore" routine.
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jan 29, 2010, 01:12 PM

I also have been married to my wife for almost 20 years. Even though she is the one that is usually happy, at the end of a romantic moment, I am the one left feeling as you.
    The price you pay when you marry a woman who thinks sex is mostly for pro creating.
    Only I knew what I was getting my selef into before saying " I do ". This does not mean I love her any less. Only means I love the moments we do share. The things we have built togather over the years we have been togather. The fun times. All the times she has been there for me when I needed her or support.
    There is way more to a loveing relationship than good or bad sex.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 01:14 PM

321543, do you have anything to add to this discussion? Or is iiii over and over again supposed to mean something?

Edit: never mind. The first time all I saw on your post was iiiiii iiiiii iiiiii. Now I see you have a real post.
    Unhappy in bed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 01:35 PM

Thank you, Synnen for your post. It didn't work, though. I haven't had sex with my husband in over 3 years. He didn't get the message.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy in bed View Post
    Thank you, Synnen for your post. It didn't work, though. I haven't had sex with my husband in over 3 years. He didn't get the message.
    This is probably not grounds for divorce, however his getting the idea that he's that good, and where he got the idea, might be.
    cyr1952 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 02:57 PM

I don't know if it's a reason for divorces but I think sex is very important in a marriage, You need to make him or her understand your needs to.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy in bed View Post
    Well... I have known people to come back after a drought that long. A question I would have is how he is dealing with the no-nookie situation? Has he been making advances continuously for the lest three years?

You're obviously sexually fustrated, but is he still? I think Sex Counselling is a good idea.

Is this grounds for a Divorce? Irreconcilable differences if you had to explain it. Only you can answer the question of if the divorce would be worth it. It What do you have to lose? Friends, family, assets, security, companionship just to mention a few. I am a divorcée and I can tell you that it isn't a pleasant process, and shouldn't be entered into lightly.

We can only show you the paths, you have figure out which road is right for you.
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Feb 3, 2010, 08:40 PM

My point is quite clear. l
    Love over comes all things. If one is willing to put their own personal opinions aside and accept the feelings and respect and understand their partners feelings.
    Which is often called personal sacrifice.
    I know my wife has made many sacrafices for me through out our marriage. We have growen as well as learned and cried togather. Is this not what partners do for each other?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is being selfish in bed. [ 13 Answers ]

I started dating my boyfriend in February of this year, and everything was going peachy, including our sex life. Every time we had sex he would make sure I was satisfied before he "got his," so to speak. But lately, things have changed. The past four or five times we have had sex, he has done...

My husband is very selfish in bed [ 18 Answers ]

I have been married for a year and the problem is that I think my husband doesn't love me. The only time when he kisses me or hugs me is when he wants to have sex. To make it worse, when we have sex it is all about him, receiving massages, oral sex and having his orgasm and it is never my turn!!...

Selfish in bed [ 12 Answers ]

I been with my boyfriend for nearly 5yrs and we use to ave good sex life that's all he thinks about is his self now every time we ave sex I got to give him a blowjob first and don't satisfe me that's all he ever says is blowjob I just want to ave sex for a change with out aving to give him a blow...

Why is he so selfish in bed, I do everything - but get nothing in return! [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend is so selfish in bed, our sex is praciticly a routine. I do everything for him, I want to be a good lover to him and I put his pleasure first. He asks me to wear sexy outfits and underwear when we have sex, which is fine with me. He tells me what he wants in bed and I do it for...

View more questions Search