Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asma rashid kou Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 07:45 AM
    I'm 18 years old girl.. what can I do to get the f1 visa?
    I'm 18 years old girl but still I don't have any degree but the high school degree.. so what should I have to get the f1 visa.. and is it hard to get?

In my case as an 18 years old... what is the easiest visa I can get and gives me a chance to live , study and work in USA?

How many years do I need to live in USA to get the passport and the green card... and is it easy to get them or they need a long time? And if I only have the high school degree.. what is my chances to go and live in USA?

If I have my family live in USA does it make it easy for me to get the passport and the green card but without involving them in the whole thing?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 09:41 AM

F-1 visas are normally issued to foreign students... if you are accepted by the school, plus you are able to provide evidence of financial support during the term of study (tuition fee, airfare, room and board, insurance, etc), then you should be able to obtain visa.
    Immigration Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 09:42 PM

Either one of your parents is US citizen... or
    You're married to US citizen.. or
    You work for US company and your employer is willing to sponsor visa for you.. or
    You have special talents/skills such as getting gold medals at the Olympic games or you just received a nobel prize, etc.. . or
    You're selected in Green card Lotto program... or
    Your minimum investment in US is $1 million...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 03:23 PM

What do you mean by getting them involved?

You don't want Immigration to know you have family here? You are attempting to get a green card without a sponsor?

You have 4 open threads about immigration - I have asked that they be combined for ease in answering and so that "we" have the full picture of what you are asking and/or attempting to accomplish.
    Immigration Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 03:26 PM

The answer is NO... the term "family" means father or mother... no cousin, aunt or uncle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 04:34 PM

And please follow site rules, stop asking same and/or similar issues on different posts, post one question that is complete and if you need to add info, merely "answer" your own question to add info.

I have tried to merge your separate posts

Jan 30, 2010, 04:45 PM

I'm sorry.. but I didn't mean to do that.. I'm just tyring to understand

Jan 30, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What do you mean by getting them involved?

You don't want Immigration to know you have family here? You are attempting to get a green card without a sponsor?

You have 4 open threads about immigration - I have asked that they be combined for ease in answering and so that "we" have the full picture of what you are asking and/or attempting to accomplish.

I meant not to drag them to the whole thing... and attempting to get the green card without a sponsor
    Immigration Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asma rashid kou View Post
    i meant not to drag them to the whole thing ... and attempting to get the green card without a sponsor
    All immigrant visas require sponsor...

Jan 31, 2010, 10:13 AM

OK... should that sponsor be living in the country that I'm living in.. or.. in the country that I'm going to emigrate to?
    Immigration Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asma rashid kou View Post
    ok ... should that sponsor be living in the country that i'm living in .. or .. in the country that i'm going to emigrate to ??
    Sponsor must be US citizen and live in US...

Jan 31, 2010, 10:55 AM

Is there is any way to get any visa if I don't have a sponsor?
    Immigration Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 11:09 AM

You can sponsor yourself... for investor visa, you must invest $ 1 million in US.

If you are seeking job opportunity, I would suggest look somewhere else... actual unemployment rate is approx 18-20%.

Jan 31, 2010, 11:21 AM

OK... should the sponsor be one of my family member.. or.. any US citizen?
    Immigration Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 11:57 AM

Sponsor must be your family member and also a USc...

Jan 31, 2010, 12:04 PM

How much time do I need to get the non-immigration visa.. ( years.. months)?
    Immigration Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 04:06 PM

Depends on what category and the country you come from.. I would say approx 5-25 years.

Read here: US Visas

Jan 31, 2010, 04:27 PM

That's lots of years.. well if I'm from UAE I know that it takes like 8 to 15 months... is it true?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to approach a girl after missing her for 2 years [ 8 Answers ]

Hello,I am an engineering student who was away from hometown for two years for high schooling.I was in deep love(unfortunately one sided)with a girl 3 years younger to me.Now I am back for a vacation from college and I have 1 month of holiday.I never felt the same feeling that I had toward her to...

An 8 years old robot girl [ 1 Answers ]

There was an old series of an 8 years old robot girl who lives with a family it was kind of a comedy series I can not recall anything else about it Would you help me please Thanks a lot

What to do about a girl you REALLY like but has had a boyfriend for 2 years? [ 6 Answers ]

First off, I'm 15, almost 16. There is there is this girl that I met almost 2 months ago. Right now we are just friends but I really really really like her. I like her way more than any other girl I have ever liked. She has a boyfriend and they've been together for 2 years. She never has even...

How can I get a girl 2 years older that me? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this girl who is turning seventeen on Sunday. I am 15 and she says that she doesn't like younger guys. I play soccer with her bro and she has told me that she finds everyone on the team attractive but she says that we are all to young. How can I ask her out and have her like me as a...

How do I get the girl I really like when she still loves her ex of 3 years? [ 4 Answers ]

I met a girl over the summer. At first, I thought she was really cute and I thought I never had a chance. Then I didn't see her again until the semester started at school. At first we would meet each other in the hall and say Hi here or there. Then I really started to think about her a lot. Later...

View more questions Search