Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmyb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Jail
    I Was arested about a year and a half ago. The police came to my house I came out and they ended up taking me to jail. The news paper said That they found me sleeping on the bed next to a hand gun. Iam a ex-con, how ever the police report says that I came out peacefully witch it the truth. Can I do anything to get them to reprint the story or says there sorry.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 20, 2006, 08:33 PM
    The issue with newspaper, "found you sleeping on a bed next to a handgun" - is that accurate? If so, I don't think they mis-stated anything. The fact that you came out peacefully is another separate matter, did they say you for example, fought the police or resisted arrest? If they did and the police report says you came out peacefully that is an issue I would take up with the newspaper.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2006, 08:56 PM
    I will agree wth Richard, upon the search of your home was there a gun by the bed?

If so evidence would show you were sleeping by the bed

Next even if they did a correction, it comes out on page 20 under the bowling news on some page no one reads, no correction, is ever given the same page or size print

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will I be in jail? [ 5 Answers ]

I go to court tomorrow for writing bad checks. I don't have the money to pay for them what will happen to me? I owe $ 2300.00 in bad checks and none of them were over $300.00. I live in chattanooga tn.

No jail time [ 6 Answers ]

I have to do for days in jail for a owi an I'm wondering if I can get a doctoers order saying I need to be in r5 a mental ward receveing treatment an consoling for my depression for a few days instead of being in jail if I can get out of it ?

Jail Sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

I served on a juror on a trial. I was one of the people not voting the majority. In other words I feel sorry for the young man on trial. What is the sentence for a prison inmate in Oregon, Oregon State Penitentiary, for possession of a sharp object that could be used as a weapon? The inmate...

View more questions Search