Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuushu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Is sex offender off probation allowed in public schools in the state of Maryland
    If a first time sex offender has been off probation for years and served his time for his crime, is allowed to attend his child's sports events in the child public school?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 07:10 PM

Was there any order from the court that he not ?

Jan 28, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Was there any order from the court that he not ?
    He received a letter from the schools
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 11:27 PM
    Hi, tuushu!

He received a letter from the schools concerning what, please?

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2010, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, tuushu!

Thanks!
    He received a letter from the schools that know he has been at his child sports events and do not want him on the schools' property.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, tuushu!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuushu View Post
    He received a letter from the schools that know he has been at his child sports events and do not want him on the schools' property.
    Would it be possible for him to get permission to be at the sporting events of his child?

That might be possible.

If he was attending the sporting events and officials didn't know about it, I can see where there would be an issue. It could also be that if he were to ask for permission, and officials knew that he was to be present, that he could attend. I don't really know all the ins and outs about that, though.

Best to be taking things one step at a time, and in a certain order. Asking for and obtaining possible, written permission first... etc.

I don't know the laws in Maryland. Every State is different concerning these sorts of things. It can get really complicated...

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 01:43 PM

What level is this sex offender. That will definitely be the tie breaker question. Depending on his level it does not matter how long he's been off probation. Also, if the school has already sent this person a letter asking him not to be on school property the school probably knows what they're talking about. I would suggest that this sex offender honor the school's request as they could very well get in trouble with the law if they persist on attending school functions when asked not to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a child sex offender live w/kids that aren't his while on probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in a bad relationship, and I happen to be pregnant with his child. I really want to leave him for this guy that I have known for over 3 years. But he is a child sex offender who is on probation (this all went down about 7 years ago, but it was settled about 2 years ago). It was...

Sex offender probation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, My husband is about to get out on sex offender probation and we don't want to leave in Miami because laws are very stricked here, can you recommened if it will be better if we transfer is probatin to another state and want I can expect?Thanks... :confused:

How do you move to another state while on first offender probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on first offender and I'm wanting to move to a state that does not recognize that law. Is it possible to do this?

View more questions Search