Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    santac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 04:13 PM
    Can I obtain information about a mortgage even if my name is not on it?
    My name is on the deed but not the mortgage. I have been served w/nod. I call to get information and they refuse talk to me. Since I have been served w/the notice of default, shouldn't I be able to access information about the default (getting the amount needed to become current)?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2010, 04:16 PM

What did the notice of default say? Who has the mortgage?
    santac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 04:32 PM
    I have 3 months to pay if I don't a sale date will be set. The mortgage is in parents name. They are in their 80's and obviously have not been making payments. If I don't get the info I need to pay the arrears, they will be homeless.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2010, 05:09 PM

So tell your parents to get you the details. Or have them sign a Power of Attorney to give you the right to act for them.

How did the property get to be in your name, if the mortgage is in their names?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtain tax return information regarding depentants claimed. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, How would I go about obtaining information about how another person files their tax forms with regard to claiming dependents? I know that sounds vague, but it is relative to a divorce in 2004, and my belief that the ex wife has been claiming a son who does not meet the tests for...

Mortgage information [ 4 Answers ]

I need help finding the mortgage holder for a particular property; any suggestions?

What type of information do landlords obtain for credit checks? [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering what types of information a landlord may obtain about a perspective tenant and how it used against you?

I need information on how to obtain a divorce [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know what can you do if you're trying to obtain a divorce and the Wife has left the country with no way of contacting her knowing divorce is wanted? Thanks

View more questions Search