Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eaglesflying Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Doctor wanting me to use Betadine
    I have been having recurring boils for 8 months now the doctor wants me to use Betadine it stains the skin. I looked on the Internet and they say there is a Betadine Skin Cleanser but doesn't say if it stains the skin or not. Does anyone know if the skin cleanser stains ? Is there something else I can use that won't stain my skin yellow ? Any help I am trully greatfull. Thanks God Bless
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 02:28 PM

I'v used it on and off and found staining to be temporary. It's nice to have around for certain wound care.
    Eaglesflying Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2010, 02:50 PM

But he wants me to use everyday 2 to 3 times a day so then the stain will be there all the time and now he suggested taking a shower and washing my whole body with it. Is there anything else that works as good ?
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 03:09 PM

Hey, you won't be able to get that stuff to stick. It does ot fair well with clothes.

My suggestion is:
    Wash with a soap such as Cutticua anti-bacterial soap.

Dry. Apply betedine all over Use the sugical scrub procedure. http://www.purdue.ca/pdf/Betadine%20...May%202007.pdf

Apply again. Wait for it to dry and wash off with antibacterial soap. Air dry. (use a blow dryer)

It's kind of a use, kill, capture and remove.

Keeping areas dry is going to be important, Something like Tinactin powder.

Initially, you have to be very aggressive. Wash clothes in hot water..
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 08:40 PM

I looked here: Boil Treatment Information

And it basically confimed what I said, maybe not well.

1) Use an antibacterial soap

2) Clean any garment close to your skin in hot water
    Pay attention to gym and sweaty clothes. Wash promptly.

3. keep all areas dry. Tinactin foot powder is anti-fungal and will do that.

4. The Betadine is going to do it's job, but you don't have to walk around in it. If there are some local areas that are affected use it as suggested. Let it dry and cover with gauze.

5. Otherwise use it as a surgical prep in the shower.

The anti-bacterial soap such aas Cutecura and keeping the ares dry with Tinactin Powder will be your best shot.

When the boils are active, that's when you have to be aggressive. Leave the betedyne on, cover and make sure the contents of the boils don't spread.

Where are these things?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 4 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

Are you allergic to Betadine? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if such an allergy is shared by anyone. My ophthalmologist, after using Betadine twice on my eyes, relented grudgingly and used a different antibacterial ointment./drop. He gave me plenty of attitude as I was really putting him out by asking him to "hold the Betadine please." Both...

DO I need to see a doctor? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been having wide mood swings with my fiancé and sleeping a lot. Im already naturally skinny but I've also lost a significant amount of weight lately. My sex drive isn't like it used to be. I;ve been crying a lot. And haven't held a job in the past couple of months because I get short with...

Girlfriend went from wanting the relationship to not wanting anything so serious [ 11 Answers ]

A little confused right now, because we've been in a relationship for 4 months now and she is just now saying she doesn't want a serious relationship now, because she doesn't want to have to be completely committed to a relationship 24/7. Saying that she would like to be able to have time to do...

Should I go to a Doctor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the pill now for about a year, about a month ago I missed approx 3-4 active pills. I wasn't engaging in any sexual activity at the time so I know I can't be pregnant however about a week later I started bleeding and have been now for a month. Does anyone know what is...

View more questions Search