Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eeeaiec Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
    if father fails to register and has never made any contact in over a year...
    Father knew of pregnancy and never offered any sort of help also never registered for the putative registry.. Has now emailed and stated you wait #@%^ until I decide I want to see child. You will pay when I do... He has never offered any support emotionally or otherwise. She left him at six weeks due to his terrible temper.
    Mother is working fulltime and going to college part time to make a good life for her child.
    She received no public assistance does it all on her own. Can father just decide in a few years he wants child and will he have to fight in court.
    This child has a very loving secure family situation.
    What is involved.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 02:15 PM

If the father decides to assert his rights and seek visitation then most likely it will be granted in some form. What are you to this situation ? Mother, father or friend ?

Jan 28, 2010, 04:22 PM

I am the mother.. If I were to let my parents adopt would he have to be notified if he did not register for the putative registry. I AM so afraid if something's happens to me he will come and take the baby.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 04:42 PM

Yes he still has rights. Before the child can be adopted out the courts will need his permission.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2010, 05:06 PM

First, while its possible he may get visitation, it is highly unlikely he will get any more than that.

Right now there is nothing you can do about it. The courts will not terminate his rights, nor can you have your parents adopt without his permission.

So you wait until he makes a move. If you have witnesses and/or proof of his threats, keep them. The longer he waits to make a move, the less likely he will get anywhere.

Jan 28, 2010, 07:00 PM

Yes it did. So far he has no desire to know anything about the baby and it has been a year since birth. Other than the email I have had no contact for 18 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If the birth father did not know about pregnecey does he still have to register [ 2 Answers ]

Father is stating that birth mother never told him she was preagnet , and that when he asked her if she was she said no. father never registered and now after three months of my wife and I having the baby with us .The fatherhas come back into play saying he just found out about the baby and wants...

Father did not register for putative+florida [ 2 Answers ]

Father has not had any correspondence since 6 weeks pregnant.. He never registered for the registry and has failed to make any contact with the child for one year. Birth mother has had no offer of help for 18 months. Does birth father have any rights to the child. Birth mother has not pursued...

Made contact? [ 6 Answers ]

Before I ask the question I will let you know about the situation and about myself. My grandfather whom I grew up and thought more of a father died Jan this year. Also I am the type of person who has a lot of dejavu's and I can feel things happen before they do happen, whether it is a phone...

Sexual contact between a 14 year old and a 16 year old and being charged [ 4 Answers ]

My Son was charged a couple years ago at the age of 16 with sexual contact with a 14 year old girl in Connecticut and is now on the registry for 10 years. He is now 19 and can not get a job, has no health insurance and his life is a mess. He has been staying out of trouble. The problem is that...

What kind of lawyer do I contact when a request for judgment has been made [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is a co-signer on a car for a friend. The friend was in an accident and didn't have insurance on the car. Since there was so insurance on the car the insurance company is trying to re-claim the moneis from the acciedent. The law firm assisgned to this case has not been successful in...

View more questions Search