Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momma_toppings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 09:38 AM
    How to find a child in a closed adoption
    I did not put up a child for adoption but my sister and brother in law did in 1973. I only became aware of this on Monday 1/25/2010. I feel this need to try to help my sister with this part of her life there is no judgement on my part only a need to help.The adoption was closed and although she has others trying to help she has had no leads other than they know she has been trying to reach out . Maybe not having enough information has been the road block for her to as has been the case for my sister. The only information I have is that she was born on Feb 2 1973 in Olney Ill. In Richland Memorial Hospital she weighed 6lbs 12oz and was born at 11:05 p.m.. I can only hope that she will see this or someone who knows her will.Please email at PRIVATE INFO REMOVED thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Your email address has been edited out as this is a worldwide website and you don't want every looney in the world to contact and/or harass you. All questions and answers are posted directly on this site.

Has your sister contacted the adoption agency? Unfortunately she has to do this, you cannot.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 11:04 AM

There is a sticky at the top of the adoption page on how to do a search.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...on-401680.html

YOU cannot do much--your sister needs to be the one searching, as she is the only one that will be able to get much of the information from courts or the adoption agency.

Please keep in mind that the child 1. may not know that she is adopted and 2. may not be interested in a reunion. I would hope that you and your sister will respect the wishes of her child in this matter if she chooses not to have any contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my birth parents names? (closed adoption) [ 28 Answers ]

I am adopted and I was just wondering if anyone new a faster and more discreet method of finding birth parents other than having to go to court and have the papers opened. I have tried going to various websites to try to find them but I have a huge problem. I don’t know my birth parents names and...

Trying to find kids from a closed adoption [ 2 Answers ]

My ex put my twins up for adoption 16 years ago. I was trying to find them. It was a closed adoption.

Closed adoption how do you find your biological family? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was adopted and wants to find his biological famliy. He would like to know if he has brothers or sister and we would like to know famliy med history please help me get stared in the rite place. Thank you any one that can help

View more questions Search