Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wdennis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 09:20 AM
    Hanging a mirror
    I have a 30 lb frameless decorative mirror that I need to hang in a bathroom. The mirror is 1/2 inch thick around the border due to the decorative tile. What are my options?Do they make brackets for this thickness? I have considered liquid nails, but am afraid of not having additional support.What about applying plywood to back of mirror then hanging it? Any help would be appreciated.

Wdennis
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 06:46 PM

Call a glass supply house and ask if they carry a mirror glue in a caulking tube. You can glue the mirror to the wall or glue it to ply but you need the correct glue to avoid lifting the silver coating
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jan 30, 2010, 06:43 PM

I just removed a very large 60" x 36" mirror from my son's bathroom vanity wall and behind the mirrored border were metal mirror clips. The two on the top slid up and you lifted the mirror off the bottom 2 clips. They weren't in studs... just had wall anchors and screws holding them in. This is what the builder used.
    318 Glass Clip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to look in a mirror again [ 1 Answers ]

I am 28 years old and I have always struggled with my weight. Unlike the thousands of women that struggle I have the problem of not gaining weight. I gaind quite a bit of weight after my pregnancies. I went from a size five to a size 10. Recently my fiancé left for Iraq for 4 months. Well In the 3...

Hanging a frameless mirror on a tiled wall [ 1 Answers ]

We just redid our bathroom. All of the walls are tiled. How do you hang a frameless wall mirror on a tiled wall? Any help is much appreciated!

Mirror, Mirror on the wall. [ 11 Answers ]

Shrek, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were all having lunch together. Shrek said, 'I have always thought that I'm the strongest man in the world, but how can I be sure?' Angelina Jolie agreed. 'I'm told I'm the most gorgeous of them all, but sometimes I wonder.' Brad Pitt said, 'I'm pretty...

Hanging out [ 1 Answers ]

OK everyday I see my girlfriend then after every Friday we hang out then just today she said we don't hang out at all so I don't no what to do

View more questions Search