Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prisnusber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Code 19
    Have done everything everybody tells me to do! NOTHING WORKS! Have an LG CED8080b cd rom writer. Computer does not show it any more. Worked fine until a few days ago, Have tried uninstalling/disabling, reinstalling, updating driver, updating firmware, booting from floppy with firmware, system restore, etc. etc. etc. NOTHING WORKS! Any ideas GEEKS OUT THERE?? Also deleted those filter registry keys, that didn't work either!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 08:23 AM
    First question (and sorry if it has been asked before) - is it showing up on your PC booting up or in your CMOS settings (the part when the PC tells you to press ESC or a similar key just after you turn your PC on)?

Also it sounds like you've tried a lot of software based things. Have you considered that the drive might have developed a fault? How long have you had the drive? Have you done anything physcial to your PC recently - e.g. Moved it?

If you aren't familiar with PC hardware then I think it might be time to bite the bullet and take it to a repair shop. If you are familiar with PC hardware, I'd ensure all the leads are seated properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Code issues [ 5 Answers ]

Can a dining room receptacles be on the same circuit as living room circuits? Can the dedicated dishwasher receptacle be located behind the dishwasher? Thanks for your help

Code Question [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it is in the code (section would help) about pigtailing a neutral on a recptacle. We had a disagreement about if you could use the recptacle for your jumper?

Need help in VB Code [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, Iam traying to get result of my record as below If next record is biger than previous show "1" If next record is same previous show "1" If next record is smallest show "0" if next record is same previous show "0" Example

Davinci Code [ 61 Answers ]

Just looking for thoughts and comments on the movie and book Davinci Code

View more questions Search