Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:54 PM
    What steps do I take to get my book published?
    Now that I have the copyright, what are the steps to get a publisher? I don't want to self publish. How do I send the book to a publisher? Do I do the binding myself or let them do that? Thanks so much.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 11:07 PM

Is the book in good shape as to grammar and spelling? Has anyone else read it and given an opinion? Is it fiction or nonfiction? Please tell me more about it.

If it's fiction, I'm told you will most likely, in this day of print publishers having a difficult time staying above water, need an agent since publishers no longer read anything that comes in without one.

Would you be willing to post even a few paragraphs here, and give a synopsis?
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 05:13 AM

The book has been read by my family members who are not all timid about telling me what they think of the book. Some have loved it, a couple have given a few helpful hints. I have the "White Smoke", progam so it helps a lot. It is fiction ,teen between thirteen and fifteen years of age. I don't have an agent ,don't have any idea how to obtain one. Yes I would love to put some examples on thiis sit for you to read... Thanks . Give me a couple of days.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 11:08 AM

'Tweener and young teen fiction is really hot right now. Publishers are hungry for it. I should be able to help you find an agent or two or three to contact. You'd send out a letter of introduction and include info about you along with a synopsis of the book. You might also include a few paragraphs or even a chapter. I write killer letters, so you and I can easily get this step done. Then it's a matter of waiting to hear back.

If an agent is interested, you will be asked to send your entire book. Are you ready for that, or are you still writing it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Oh, good! I'm glad that this thread got started!
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 12:00 AM
    Originally posted by Kitkat22
    Hi Clough, Thanks a million and I'm seriously looking forward to your advice.. Blessings
    My advice can't match that of the Wondergirl when it comes to getting a book published. But, thanks for the compliment!

You're definitely in the right "hands", now!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    My advice can't match that of the Wondergirl when it comes to getting a book published. But, thanks for the compliment!
    Whew! I thought you were going to take my job away.

I wonder if she knows how long her book is. I hope it's finished.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 12:55 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Whew! I thought you were going to take my job away.

I wonder if she knows how long her book is. I hope it's finished.
    I don't know. But, we'll keep working with her!

I'm surprised that you're still up at this hour!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 01:01 AM
    I'm surprised that you're still up at this hour!?
    I'm a night owl and usually go to bed around to a.m. or even later.

I think our writer friend is getting excited about her book and sending it somewhere.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 01:04 AM
    Is getting a book published something that's hard or easy to do, Wondergirl?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 01:08 AM
    Is getting a book published something that's hard or easy to do, Wondergirl?
    IF she's a good writer and IF she tells a good story with a different twist and IF the grammar and spelling are excellent and IF we can find an agent who likes it, she will have a chance. After all, J.K. Rowling did it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 01:11 AM

Time to finish the dishes. PM me if she posts again on Friday and I haven't reappeared here. Good night!
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 01:17 AM
    Good night to you too, Wondergirl!

I'm fading here...

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 09:56 PM

Wondergirl , since there are so many mistakes in my book will I have to have the book copy written again once the editing is finished? Glad your back.

Also, have read the book "Drood and if you have do you think it is fiction? It is supposed to be about Charles ens and it is really a very spooky book. It is by Dan Simmons. Thanks so much.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:00 PM
    Hi, Kitkat22!

I saw your comment under your last post.

Last edited by Kitkat22; Today at 11:03 PM. Reason: delete this post
    Do you want your post deleted, or did you just simply change it, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2010, 05:22 AM

Hi Clough.. I was trying to send wondergirl a message and then I realized, I sent my own post a question. Today I am going to sit down and go through the tutorial again, because I do make a lot of mistakes. I feel really inept. Sorry and thank you. I tried to delete the very last post, but I couldn't. If I can't learn all the little things I need to do I guess I don't need to be here on this site. Thanks Clough and again I'm sorry for being so much trouble

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How difficult is it to have a book published ? [ 4 Answers ]

I love writing and decided to put to rest some of my ghosts from the past by writing my life story so to speak. I often write stories for my children but this is a little different. A few friends have read the first few chapters and have commented I should have it published. I have dismissed...

I Wrote A Book! Now, I Do I Get It Published? [ 2 Answers ]

I wrote a really great book and now I need to know just how to get it published!! This is all very new to me! But I want a legitimate way, so please answer if you are sure.. THANKS

How to get my book published [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I've written a children's book and I'd really like to try and get it published. I have no idea how to go about this, absolutely none. If anyone has any helpful information on how to go about this, I would surely appreciate it because I'm at a loss. If it matters, I live in...

How do get published [ 4 Answers ]

I am almost done with a book of poetry I am compiling, and does any one have any information and/or tips on how to get published.

View more questions Search