Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help on waves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Ocean waves forming and demo
    How do ocean waves form and what are some demonstrations that I can do at home for a school project on waves?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 26, 2006, 01:36 AM
    Wind is the primary causer. This becomes very evident during a hurricane. Others are objects plowing through the surface, such as ships and whales--underwater and above water landslides which fall into the water, underwater earthquakes--underwater volcanic activity.

http://www.onr.navy.mil/focus/ocean/motion/waves1.htm

School Project Ideas

http://school.discovery.com/curricul...jectideas.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tropical Ocean Slime Bag Creature - What is it? [ 4 Answers ]

I encountered a strange creature (or plant?) in shallow, calm, beachy waters in the Florida keys. It looked like a balloon or bag, about 4 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, filled with pale brownish slime, and it seemed to be dug in or attached to the sand at one end. Does anyone know what...

Forming an even round plaster wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 38x38 glass shower stall. On corner od the square is a rounded 45 degree. I am putting a dropped lower false ceiling over the shower. How do I make the round 45 degree vertical to meet the two 8 inch sheetrock walls leading to the curve. Is there any "bendable rock" tp do this,...

Pattern forming. [ 1 Answers ]

I angered somebody on-line last week because I told him, tongue in cheek, to throw away his new Noma thermostat. Are there any contractractors on this site that would install and guarantee a Noma, Lux or Hunter thermostat? Why not? How many posts are there this week about thermostats? What...

Travel to ocean city, MD? [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help here... I am currently in South-west PA and I need to make a trip to ocean city, MD around mid-summer. I wanted to take Amtrak as I usually do. What's the closest station to OC that I should look for? Or does anyone know about any other alternatives other than using a...

View more questions Search