Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtir17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 06:51 PM
    My wife is selling here house overseas and we want to bring the money into the US.
    My wife is a legal US resident from Singapore and we want to bring $130000 into the US to buy a house here.
    gtir17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 06:54 PM

What are the rules on this_? What is the easiest cheapest way of doing this_?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 12:55 PM

You can do wired transfer, and for any amount over $10,000 you need to submit an evidence stating original of the fund such as selling house in SG, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing from overseas with foreign wife [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, first time poster by I've been lurking for a few weeks. I'm preparing for taxes and am puzzled by my options. I'm an American working overseas. I was married last year (2008) to a foreign girl and filed married separate in 2008. I'm considering filing a joint return for 2009 but...

Gifting money overseas [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning to send money from my US Account to "my" account in a foreign country (I understand that I have to file Form FBAR). Then, I am going to gift money to my mom who is living in a foreign country. 1) Am I subject to any tax in the US? 2) In case I am subject to a gift tax in the US,...

Does a cosigner receive money at selling of house? [ 5 Answers ]

If someone cosigns on a home, then the house is later sold, does that cosigner have any legal rights to 1/2 of the sale? Specifically, someone I know cosigned for a refinance on a property. The original owners couldn't refinance on their own because of bad credit. The owners later sold the...

View more questions Search