Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigPappa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 06:24 PM
    fbi records expunged for non convictions
    Here's my situation... I was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor theft many years ago. Further investigation revealed that the evidence did not support the charge, so the prosecutor dropped the charges and we had the arrest records expunged. Fast forward to last year and I applied for a CCW permit and passed with flying colors - no worries. Now I'm filing for my PI license and the permit specifically asks if I've been arrested. Technically I have, but it was not warranted and was expunged. Do I have to divulge this info or has the expungement removed it from all records including the FBI and NCIC?
    SmellyDogsMom Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2010, 11:21 AM

In my jurisdiction, the expungment order states that you no longer have to acknowledge the arrest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juvenile 5th degree drug felony, expunged, will it show up in an FBI check? [ 10 Answers ]

In 2002 I was "convicted" of a fifth degree felony for aggravated drug abuse. I was a juvenile at the time and have since had my records expunged. I am now applying for a bank job that requires FBI fingerprint checks. I did have my fingerprints sent to the FBI right before my trial all those years...

Trying to apply for nursing school.Can FBI find out about expunged charges? [ 16 Answers ]

trying to apply for nursing school... Can FBI find out about expunged/nondisclosure charges? Thanks for the replies! ******* I am just really confused on just what to do!! Application for nursing school in Texas, wants to know about any charges you have ever had, regardless rather convicted or...

Arrests that had been expunged from FBI [ 9 Answers ]

Hello and good afternoon. Back in NY in 1996 I was charged with a class b misdemeanor but pled guilty to a non-criminal offense, known as a 'violation"(not a fingerprintable offense) in NY state. I paid a $50 fine, received a conditional discharge, and my criminal records were sealed as per 160.55...

Military Convictions Expunged? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was convicted at his General Court-Martial of assult by battery, conspiracy with 3 unidentified co-conspiritors and fraternization. He was reduced from E5 to E1, lost all pay and allowances, is serving the first month of his one year and one day sentence and will be receiving a Bad...

View more questions Search