Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyb2429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 06:00 PM
    In Texas foster care can a child leave when they are 17
    My daughter is 16 in foster care in Texas I live in louisana she will be 17 in in June can she emancipate her self at 17 out of the system?
    babysaver Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Jan 29, 2010, 10:00 PM

Can she be returned to your home or are there other relatives or family friends she can be placed with? She'll probably have a hard time since she can't rent an apartment or make medical decisions for herself till she is 18. She should ask her PAL worker about her options.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 10:17 PM

No, she will remain in the system till she is 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I find out why I was placed in foster care as a child [ 5 Answers ]

Why was I placed in foster care as a child I am now an adult and wish to know why

Foster care [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old female. I live in gettysburg Pennsylvania and I have a son. I am currently in foster care with adams county children and youth. Every situation that I try to fix is resulted in being threatened to be separated from my son. I was wondering if I got married if I would be considered...

Foster care? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my parents give up their rights and put me in foster care? My step mom wants me to go. Can she do that? My mom has no legal custody of me. My dad and step mom have full guardianship. Im kind of worried

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

I am trying to become a licensed Foster Parent in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

After undergoing a fingerprint analysis, to be approved as a licensed Foster Parent in the state of Texas, it came back Criminal Intent in the state of Pennsylvania. Upon trying to obtain a copy of my record to explain that it was nothing to do with bodily harm however all records were destroyed...

View more questions Search