Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scentrone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Can my sons father wants to change my sons last name without my consent ?
    My son's father want to change my son's last name to his. My son is 6 years old and his father has never been in his life till now. Is his father allwoed to change my son's last name without my consent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 05:44 PM

Normally no, he can of course file in court to prove paterniy ( if that was never proven) But normally a name change will require both parents approval, although one parent may try in court but the other parent has right to defend
    valntony07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 09:54 PM
    My son's father hates that my son call's my his step-dad daddy... he has been there since birth. Every time he hears him say it he calls me cussing and threatening to take me to court to get custody. I feel that step-parents earn that title because the child trust and loves that person, just the same if he called his step-mother mom or something... I feel it is unfair to tell me 3 yr old he is not allowed to call his step-dad daddy just to spare his fathers feelings... is this wrong of me and is there anything the bio-father can do legally to me for this?
    Kristy-S Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 01:46 PM
    I actually have a question. My son is 6 years old. His father's name is not on the birth certificate however we have established paturnity in court so he could pay child support. He has visitation rights and I have custody where my son lives with me. We are both married to different people and my son has my maiden name. His father told him he will change his last name but I have all the information on my son can this be done without my permission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sons father [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old son and his father is out of the picture we broke up (a completely horrible break up if I may add) and his mom and I kept contact so that my ex and her could still see my son, his mother told me that her and my ex are moving out of state and I said fine but I son is staying...

Wanting to change sons last name father not on birth cert and not in sons life [ 10 Answers ]

I need help my son is almost 3 and his father will not sign the birth cert and will not pay child support and will not give up his rights I am a single mother who has kept myself off welfare because they will go after him and. I am not wanting anything from him, I am just wanting to take his last...

My sons father had removed him from his doctors with no consent from me [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is crystal I have been going through a court battle with my sons father for almost 2 years the last month my sons father had approached me an told me that he had released my sons medical records over to a new doctor closer to him he didn't consult me at all and he never even told me that...

My sons father is everything BUT that. [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 9 months old and I decided before he was born not to be with his father. He was there for the birth and spent the first 2-3 weeks coming to visit our son about 2 times a week. Then it started getting less and less and to this date he has only seen him about 15-20 times. He told me he...

My sons father [ 1 Answers ]

My sons dad wrote me a better nasty note and left in in his diaper bag when I picked him up from his house last weekend. It said that he doesn't want my our son anymore because he doesn't like seeing me. He doesn't care about my son, he doesn't think what this is going to do to him. Now he says...

View more questions Search