Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rick91760 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 04:16 PM
    I am having trouble changing the memory I purchased for my emachines model T4010
    I have an emachines Desktop PC model T4010. I am replacing the 2 each (PC3200u DDR 512mg 400mhz memory with 2 each (1GB PC3200 DDR 1 GB PC 3200 400 MHz Product Details:
    • 184-pin unbuffered DIMM
    • Density: High Density
    • PC3200 400FSB
    • 2.5 Volts
    • 6 Layer unbuffered
    • CAS Latency 3
    • 4 Bank
    • Off-chip driver (OCD) impedance adjustment, and on die termination (ODT).

When I install the memory, the computer starts up, but the screen does not come on. Will this memory work with my computer, or will have to make any changes to the BIOS? Please help.

Rick
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2010, 06:38 PM

Wow. The new RAM completely matches your computer's specs (aside from the speed of 400Mhz, in which the RAM runs slower than the bus but that's fine, as long as the RAM isn't designed faster than the bus)

It may just be bad RAM. Does the computer make any abnormal beeps or anything when starting up?
    Rick91760 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 07:09 PM
    There are no abnormal beeps. Someone told me it is because it is high density memory. I am not sure.
    :-(
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 11:58 AM

Could be, but make sure they are plugged in all of the way. Some times if the chips are not seated properly they wall cause the computer to malfunction.

Also it wouldn't hurt to make sure all of the pci cards are seated properly and you have no loose wires to the motherboard.

Good Luck
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2010, 09:28 AM

Try to call eMachines and ask if the RAM is compatible.
    That'd be the best way to go.

:)
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 03:41 PM

You know when I come to think of it, it may actually be something to do with the bus speed. Not all faster bus capable RAM's are compatible with slower bus computers. Some RAM's are specific to two or three bus speeds, and not all that are slower than it. I would read the packaging on the RAM and see if it mentions other bus speeds besides the 400MHz.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Or could be also you are replacing a PC3200u with a PC3200, I know there is also PC3200r, but I am unsure of the differences and compatibilities.

I've heard something to do with buffers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble changing shut off valve [ 8 Answers ]

Im trying to change out a shut off valve on my toilet. All it does is turn, is this stripped? Or is some kind of compression valve? Thanks for any help

I just purchased a hunter thermostat, model 44110. I only have two wires, a white and [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a hunter programmable thermostat, model 44110. I only have two wires, a white and a red from the old mercury thermostat. Where do these tow wires hook up? I tried the red with the w, and the white with the RC, leaving the jumper that was factory placed between the RH and RC. I...

Changing out old thermostat with new programmable model [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I bought a Honeywell TH320U1008 thermostat to replace existing Lennox 51H4001 thermostat. The Lennox thermostat is a 2 heat, 1 cool unit. The current wire designation is RH = red wire, O = orange wire, W1 = white wire, Y1 = yellow wire, C = blue wire and G = green wire. My current...

Changing 7 watt bulbs in moonglow ceiling fan purchased at Walmart(brand unknown) [ 1 Answers ]

Need secret to replacing 7 watt bulbs in moonglow ceiling fan? Access panels to small for hand. Cedric

View more questions Search