Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    archangel1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump
    I am trying to replace the thermostat for my heat pump the one I've got seems to be running the emergency heat only. All wires were connected as they were in the old one. Is regular heat and emergency heat considered multi-stage? If so, I need another thermostat... please advise.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 05:54 PM
    is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump

No a multi stage heat pump has 2 or more compressors in it. You probably have 2 stage heat which is first stage heat pump and second stage regular resistance heat. This is the standard setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a single or multi-stage heat pump? Want programmable thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking to replace my thermostat with a new programmable one, and I'm trying to figure out which ones might be compatible with my heat pump. I'm having trouble determining even what type of heat pump I have. Any help would be appreciated! Here is the information I have: On the unit...

Heat Pump VS Emergency Heat [ 2 Answers ]

My 15 year old heat pump runs continually, but if I turn it to emergency heat it runs a lot less, plus there is heat coming out of the vents. It seems to me it would be cheaper to run in emergency mode. It seems to run A lot less (blower). Can someone tell me if it saves money in emergency mode,...

Thermostat for Multi Stage Heat Pump with Aux Heat & Stage Display [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a Thermostat for my Multi-Stage Heat Pump which Displays when the system is operating on high or Low and also displays if it is running on Aux Heat. Can anyone recommend a Thermostat that does this?

Digital Thermostat options for multi-stage heat pump [ 10 Answers ]

After many hours searching the web and various forums concerning the attempt to wire-in a Hunter brand programmable thermostat, model # 44360, and seeing the mass confusion this thermostat has caused to many folks, including myself, I can answer this with great confidence: Hunter model # 44360...

Heat Pump - Emergency Heat [ 2 Answers ]

My heat pump keeps changing itself to the aux heat. Can you tell me why it is doing this and how I can prevent it from doing it.

View more questions Search