Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 27, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Maiden name
    Me and my (ex) husband went to court for a divorce on Tuesday (jan. 19) My question is how soon can I start using my maiden name again and are they going to send me somehting in the mail or do I have to go get a paper..? I live in Massachusetts if that helps.. Do I need proof of my last name change
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 02:29 PM

You may remember what the process was from when you got married and changed your name previously. First step is to go to the social security office and have your name changed in their records. You will need to bring proof of citizenship (such as passport) and proof of your legal name change, which could be your divorce decree. More detals are here: Answer

After that you can process changes on your driver's license, financial accounts, and passport.
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 28, 2010, 07:21 AM

Thanks that helps a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maiden name [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anyplace on the web I can find a persons maiden name from just her married name?

Looking with maiden name [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to find person with maiden name only

Maiden name [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for ladon archamboe Last address was in st.louis mo. Age would be 64yrs old now

Maiden name [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to find someone by just their maiden name, without it costing me.

Looking for first name and maiden name [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, I need quickly to find out the information about my ex-boyfriend's father's first name and his mother's maiden name. I know his date of birth. I need this as he is the father of my baby (she's 7 weeks now) and in the sixth months of pregnancy he said he can't be bothered anymore and...

View more questions Search