Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corriehac Posts: 87, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Someone who can speak to the dead please answer
    I was wondering if it was possible to speak to the dead. And if so what would my mother say. Her name is Gail Brant she died at 56. I you can talk to her please let me know I miss her a lot. MY grandmothers name was Margorie Litke, my grandfather Harry Litke, and my real Dad Robert Petit all deceased. If you talk to any of them please tell them to tell you something that only I would know so I know its really them. Please tell them that I miss them. I never new my dad, so he might not answer. Thank you for your time
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2006, 05:49 PM
    No people do not communite with the dead, sadly there are those whose morals are low and will take advantage of people who truly miss others

Please live in the present, if you are having trouble dealing with their loss, please please seek professional help in dealing with the loss.

Nov 20, 2006, 06:17 PM
    Did angels not speak to Jesus? Did angels not speak to Mary and Joeseph? Do we not become angels when we die?
    hollyski Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by corriehac
    I was wondering if it was possible to speak to the dead. And if so what would my mother say. Her name is Gail Brant she died at 56. I you can talk to her please let me know I miss her alot. MY grandmothers name was Margorie Litke, my grandfather Harry Litke, and my real Dad Robert Petit all deceased. If you talk to any of them please tell them to tell you something that only i would know so i know its really them. Please tell them that i miss them. I never new my dad, so he might not answer. thank you for your time
    If people do not speak with the dead, then why pray to Mary? Yes I believe that there are those who can truly talk with the dead, and those people usually don't let others know this. If they did they wouldn't have a moments peace because of people wanting to use them like a telephone. The ones who have past on, who love us can hear you and still love you, you don't need anyone to let them know this. Live in the now, perhaps if you are observant, they will let you know in a special way, that they are still thinking of you. But I wouldn't trust anyone who says they can talk to the dead and charge you money.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 29, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Did angels not speak to Jesus? Did angels not speak to Mary and Joeseph? Do we not become angels when we die?
    Many of the angels depicted in the bible may have already been angels since before humanity. You don't have to die to become an angel, just as not all who die become angels.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 07:57 PM
    1. People don't become angels, ( read the bible)

2. we can speak, but in general we don't talk back and forth.

3. The people who do this for profit, are taking advantage of people who are in a mentally weak state of grief.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 08:21 PM
    corriehac,

We carry with us the memory of our dearly departed, we carry them in our hearts. And you can talk to them, just don't expect a reply. If your mum was buried you could stand by her grave and talk to her. Even if she was cremated, you can go to a place she liked and talk to her there. If she liked a particular flower or something else bring it into your home and dedicate it to her. Keep nice thoughts about your mother, say simple little prayers.

I on occasion buy some roses for my mum, they were her favourite. I buy them on what would have been her birthday and on the anniversary of her death. It is very comforting. I also on occasion put a few coins into a charity box and think of my grandparents, they were always very generous to me.

Don't feel sad, everyone dies, have nice thoughts about them being in a nice place. And if they could see you, I think they would like to see you smile.

A Short Prayer ~ Dear God, to whom my heart is open, all my desires known, and from whom no secrets are hidden: Reveal to me my true path and accompany me upon it. Lead me from the darkness into the light. Grant that doors of understanding will be opened so that I may freely enter. Amen
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 7, 2006, 08:46 PM
    Some people do have the gift of clairvoyance. While others have the gift of speaking with the dead. For instance, I don't think John Edwards is a fake. I firmly believe that he speaks with the dead. Or at least is able to communicate with them or allow them to communicate with him. No one is that good of a magician, in what he is able to do.
    Anyway, around Christmastime it is difficult to be without the ones you love. The persons who were so much apart of your life. Especially if they have crossed over. Do you ever have dreams of them? Do their memories just pop into your head for no known reason straight out of the blue? Have you ever just missed an accident that could have harmed you but in a split second something told you to turn right instead of left while driving?
    I feel that it is your inner voice. They aren't far away, they are right there in your heart. Loving you. Guiding you. Protecting you. If you take some real deep breaths in a warm calm serene environment, and open your mind to the possibilities... you may just find them. Their whispers. Their comfort. Their love will always be with you. No matter what. Death can never take away those that you have truly loved in this world. They will always be in your heart. All you have to do is listen, or look into the night's sky, or smell the wind, and you too can have your answer. Love never dies.
    annifarkle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 01:48 PM
    I have only done this a few times but have had success. I usually have the questioner sitting before me and make a heart connection with the dead through them. However I wanted to try for you to see if I could help you. What I got was a picture of a woman with dark brown hair in kind of country casual clothes walking a collie on a cloudy day (looks like fall) I saw her laughing and happy. I also got the word marigold and the fact that they were bright, colorful and happy and maybe reminded your mom of Marjorie. Even if I've not been successful the main thing to remember is that if you get very still and quiet you can make contact yourself. It will be through feeling and maybe pictures- not thought. You have to trust that it's not imagination. They know when we are thinking of them. I hope this helps. Ann
    Her Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 01:28 PM
    It is difficult to find only one soul, as they would all merge to become one if they allow themselves to "go to the light". Others are the ghosts that we can see, hear, feel, sometimes photograph. These are those who chose to stay in this "in between" dimension (sometimes considered purgatory). If your relatives have gone to join the rest of the Whole and been re-incarnated as they should then they are at peace and you will not be able to gain contact with them (other than contact with the All - or God). But if in fact you are able to gain contact it is because they are stuck here (usually of their own choice) at the "in between" dimension, and they are not happy, and will not continue their spiritual growth until they let go.

You need to let go and they need to let go in order for things to be in place as they should be. So, I hope you find solice and help with your journey, and for the sake of your deceased family's souls, I hope you are not able to contact them and they have already continued on in peace.

Blessed Be.
    kitty girl Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I have spoken to the dead many times. I have a ghost in my house and I thought that she was my imaginary friend and then I found out that she was the lady that had died in my bedroom and I still see her but it scares me that when I`m alone I`m not really alone!!

Jan 8, 2007, 05:46 PM
    I believe you
    sepria Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Okay, I've been reading these answers, but as everyone is entitiled to their own opionions, I'm not going to say theirs are wrong, but what I can say is that, as myself being a Paranormal Investigator or Ghost Hunters as some call it, we and others have had much success with EVP, Electronic Voice Phenonmon. What we do is going around, asking questions while recording ourselves, and sometimes between questions you will get an answer on the tape.
    What you can do, is simply this, Set up a tape recorder or digital, with external mic. Get a boom box or radio of some kind, set it to a station that doesn't pick up at all, you know that static. If you've seen the movie "Whitenoise" then you'll understand more easily.
    At that time, press record and just start asking questions. It's not guaranteed to work every time as most of us "Ghost Hunters" know that sometimes ghosts want to play and soemtimes they don't... but most of the time you'll be surprised when you do get a response... it DOES happen. But also, I believe that it only works with Ghosts, people whom have died, but not crossed over yet, into heaven.

If you need futhur assistance, you can e-mail me at: [email protected] and I can help you further in any paranormal queestions you may have.
    GemStoneJunkie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 05:13 PM
    [F]Alright here we go, this so called priest that is on here you can say you are anything on here and you know what, there are people out there that can communicate with the dead. And I am one that has been able to do it since I was a child. But now that I am older I have to learn how to use my gift, I think that it is a gift to be able to communicate with the dead. My loved ones communicate with me in my dreams sometimes and other times by hiding things from me due to their frustration of not being able to get me to listen. So, you know what I am a cradle catholic and I believe 100% that people can communicate with their loved ones on their own, Yes others are fake and will use you for all you have to just get a dollar and tell you things that have nothing to do with you or your loved ones but there are people that actually can meditate with you and have you talk to them your self. So, yes people can talk to the dead you just have to know how and be able to concentrate and clear your mind. :)
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

May 31, 2008, 05:33 PM
    I was wondering if it was possible to speak to the dead. And if so what would my mother say. Her name is Gail Brant she died at 56. I you can talk to her please let me know I miss her alot. MY grandmothers name was Margorie Litke, my grandfather Harry Litke, and my real Dad Robert Petit all deceased. If you talk to any of them please tell them to tell you something that only i would know so i know its really them. Please tell them that i miss them. I never new my dad, so he might not answer. thank you for your time
    I know a Buddhist monk who can invite spirits and talk to you, if you're assuming "the dead."
    GemStoneJunkie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Listen Mr. Chuck,

I understand that you stand your ground with what it says in the bible. But, you know what everyone is intitled to think and believe what they want. So coming here to crush peoples beliefs, isn't god the only one who can judge us?? Hmmm... Keep up your reading. You are an ordained minister, not GOD! No one can be god! So, what are you doing on here to say that you know what people need to think or say. Yes I am aware of what it says in the bible. But did you know that something's in the bible were not translated correctly? Do you think that the world is going to end in 2012? Answer that for me. I am very interested in your answer. I am not in any way bashing you or your beliefs but going and making people feel like they are not following the ways of the bible is in no way your job. Do you agree? I hope that you do. Thanks for taking time out of your busy days to read this. Good luck!
    lovie1 Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Well I know spirits exist because my last aptment that I lived in had 2. I remembeer being sick and laying on my living room couch and I had ask me son to make sur that both of the front dorrs were locked. And I drifted off to sleep then the next thing I know is a neighbor from upstairs came in my house he scared me . He said he was concerned that my door was open like it was because he never known me to just have my door open like that. So I got up and thank him and locked that door. Then I went to check the other door and it was unlocked too! So of courese I got after my son about it and he sworn up and down he locked the door. Well. I did'nt believe him until it happen to me 2 weeks later!

At times I would hear a knock on my door and I go to ansewer it and nobody's there. This happen more times than I can count. Or a man calling me. I also had a spirit/ ghost to try and have sex with me which was when I got off my couch nearly breaking my neck because he or it was actually having intercourde with me. Then another occasion when a man sart on my couch and laid my legs on his lap and told me don't be scared and preceded to stroke my legs!! And I could not keep a relationship for the life of me in that house. And hell yes I moved!!
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 18, 2008, 06:42 PM
    I know you miss your mother much. But you must know that there is no "death". It is merely the moving on from a physical body to a Spiritual one. The vibration of spirit is much higher than ours that is why it is not possible to see spirit when they come to visit. They would have to lower their vibration rate in order to meet ours which is difficult for them to do. Your mother knows you miss her as she can hear your thoughts, so can your grandparents. Most people do not want to open up to this reality, yet there is very much an Afterlife that all must go to after their life and mission on Earth is over. It is a tremendously beautiful place for those who have attuned to God and accepted His Only Divine Son Jesus Christ. So, know that your mother and grandparents have been with you all along and you can speak to them just as you would any other person who is there with you. They will hear you and can even let you know they are there or have been there in the subtle ways in which spirit speaks.

Some excellent websites that may be of interest to you are:

How to Make Contact with Your Loved One

And where people come to discuss ADCs and are there for one another.

After-Death Communication - Prayer Wave

May God Bless You Always and may you receive His great comfort as your grieving heart turns into Comforting Joy.
    wingrun Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jul 19, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrussole
    Some people do have the gift of clairvoyance. While others have the gift of speaking with the dead. For instance, I don't think John Edwards is a fake. I firmly believe that he speaks with the dead. Or at least is able to communicate with them or allow them to communicate with him. No one is that good of a magician, in what he is able to do.
    Anyway, around Christmastime it is difficult to be without the ones you love. The persons who were so much apart of your life. Especially if they have crossed over. Do you ever have dreams of them? Do their memories just pop into your head for no known reason straight out of the blue? Have you ever just missed an accident that could have harmed you but in a split second something told you to turn right instead of left while driving?
    I feel that it is your inner voice. They aren't far away, they are right there in your heart. Loving you. Guiding you. Protecting you. If you take some real deep breaths in a warm calm serene environment, and open your mind to the possibilities.....you may just find them. Their whispers. Their comfort. Their love will always be with you. No matter what. Death can never take away those that you have truly loved in this world. They will always be in your heart. All you have to do is listen, or look into the night's sky, or smell the wind, and you too can have your answer. Love never dies.

John Edward is a charlatan just like many before him. He just has the skills to trick people into believing that he has supernatural powers. The SKILL is called cold reading. It's mind boggling because he is sometimes so good or perceived so good after video editing that we want to believe it is real. It is weird but I believe the human mind is always attracted to supernatural powers and find reasons to believe that something is supernatural like john edward. Watch this live clip for yourself and see if you think it is real but think logically. See how many times he's wrong and realize what he is stating is generalization. Basically it's hit and miss:
    YouTube - John Edward Addresses Entertainment Value

Search Derren Brown on YouTube and you will see him using the same trick sometimes even more effectively than john edward but he admits to it being just a skill. Just search derren messiah

Word of advice: the people who you see on TV pretending to have supernatural powers are scams.
    coco and phobe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
    I keep finding 5 pence pieces all over, in the most unusual places, what does this mean

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone speak Tagalog? [ 15 Answers ]

I am fluent in tagalog and now that I'm back here in america, there is no one around that I can speak it with. I just want some simple conversation to keep it up.

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

Speak hesitations [ 3 Answers ]

When there is social gathering 8-10 people I feel nervousness and scared to speak and don't find any word to speak.Infact I got bored and want to run away.How can be a leader of group Please help

Anyone speak Latin? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Deciphering men speak [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone First post here - lots of well informed people on this site so thought I'd ask! Broke up with ex couple of months back (his call after a row), we decided to be friends, stayed in touch via text yet never got round to meeting because he was always busy and put it off. Eventually I...

View more questions Search